Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums, other day-use cultural attractions, and conference centers.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
- Provide all general support of HR functions at the unit level for a training and leadership VIP account.
- Identify best practices and organizational efficiencies, as well as coach and train line managers to properly apply human resource policies and procedures within the unit.
- Manage the process and implementation of the following: payroll, benefits, employee incentives, retention, turnover, recruitment, safety, training and development.
- Work closely with the Leadership team to drive elements of the Talent Management Strategy (Talent Acquisition, On boarding, Performance Management, Development, Succession Planning and Retention).
- Human Resources Manager will utilize solid business acumen to assertively partner with the management team regarding HR, Staffing, ER/LR, policies/procedures, compliance and general management topics.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining extraordinary levels of service through a high level of influence, execution and prioritizing of duties.
- The Human Resources Manager will also ensure that all employees working are being treated fairly and correctly under the federal and state guidelines that have been set and that all employees have been trained properly according to corporate, state and federal guideline
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in a Human Resource Generalist role required.
- Human Resource experience must include specific employment and recruiting experience.
- Experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is desired.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours.