The purpose of the HR Manager’s role is to be the primary point of contact for our Richmond-based managers and employees. The selected candidate will work closely with the leaders, managers and employees to help them build and sustain a high performance and positive culture that will enable the business to meet its goals which includes attracting, developing and retaining talent. This individual will provide guidance and consultative support to business managers and employees to help them manage performance and employee relations.
In addition, this position is responsible for educating and coaching management and employees on corporate policies, procedures and programs, complying with statutory laws and regulations, and advocating sound and consistent HR practices, e.g., compensation, performance management, etc.
Specific Job Duties:
- Serve as an HR Advisor to management and employees throughout the full employee lifecycle, from new hire onboarding to annual reviews, performance calibration, promotions, compensation and transfers to separations.
- Provides guidance to employees, managers and business leaders relative to HR policies, procedures, and programs; ensures compliance with all applicable laws and corporate policies and guidelines.
- Support change efforts across the organization.
- Leverage and adapt as needed the Corporate HR programs and resources. Share knowledge and leverage best practices across the human resources organization.
- Work with Research management and Training and Development to implement management training to increase people management skills and reinforce best practices and the culture.
- Identify opportunities and work with management to improve two-way communications, enhance the employment experience and increase employee engagement and retention.
- Utilize data and metrics to make recommendations to improve organizational and business effectiveness.
- Effectively deploys performance management and rewards processes/practices within Research to drive required levels of employee accountability for desired performance results and ensure retention of top performers.
- Holds managers and leaders accountable for establishing and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Coach management in development and implementation of required programs and processes to establish and maintain a positive work environment.
- Conducts investigations arising from alleged violations of employment practices, policies and/or procedures; hotline calls; employee complaints; and federal/state agency claims.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degreepreferred.
- Eight plus years of relevant HRexperience preferably in a similar environment.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong solutions focus and comfortable working in an environment which demands quality deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Must possess the highest levels of maturity, ethics and professional integrity.
- Business Acumen.
- Consulting and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and effectively build strong relationships with management and interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- Experience using Workday is desired or demonstrated ability to learn how to use HRIS systems quickly.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability producing results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus annual incentive, commensurate with experience, and benefits to include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, life and disability programs, retirement plan, paid time off, and an employee stock purchase plan.