CHUGACH’S EXPECTED BEHAVIORS:
Chugach is looking for more people who believe that the following behaviors are fundamental to any job:
- Always do the right thing
- Creating meaningful value
- Leave things better than you found them
- Empowering people
- Building community
SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The HR Manager is a vital member of the Chugach corporate HR team. The incumbent is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function and for ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local requirements relating to employment. Works closely with senior HR management and executive leadership to develop and execute integrated people-focused solutions. The HR Manager strives to deliver value-added HR services to CAC leadership, CAC employees, and serve as an HR business partner with our operating companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS / ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Develops and administers various HR programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring and onboarding effort, including drafting position descriptions, screening candidates, reference/background checks, conducting new employee orientation.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and communicates findings as appropriate.
- Advises and coaches management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve engagement, build a strong culture to increase productivity and retention.
- Administers the goal planning and quarterly check-in process to ensure supervisors and employees are monitoring goal progress, completing feedback etc. within established timelines.
- Administers the learning & development program including, identifying and/or developing training content; pushing content through the learning management system, tracking completion, and reporting.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of HR initiatives in relation to established goals with a continual improvement mindset. Identifies and spearheads opportunities for business process improvement. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to maximize the efficiency of the HR department and the services provided.
- Manages benefit programs including health and welfare programs medical, dental, vision, disability.
- Works with leadership and/or outside vendors on planning, designing, and implementing the compensation strategy to ensure the practices are aligned with, and drive the company business and talent management strategy.
- Manages HR-required compliance programs for the Corporate team and provides guidance to Chugach’s commercial businesses as requested.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of applicable laws relating to the management of employees, ensuring reduced legal risk and regulatory compliance. Works closely with the Legal/Risk and other departments, as needed.
- Oversees and coordinates consultants and outside vendors to executive HR-related programs and initiatives, as required.
- Collaborates across departments to ensure all HR programs, policies and initiatives are fully socialized with key stakeholders.
- Assists with departmental restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Assists with the preparation and management of the human resources department budget.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Sedentary; this is an office/desk job.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience and Professional Associations/Licenses):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/education.
- Minimum 8years total expertise in variety ofHRmanagement roles.
- Minimum 5 years expertise in employee relations.
- Minimum 3 year’s expertise in at least two specialized functional areas of HR (comp and benefits, recruiting, talent management, etc.)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience working with human capital management platforms (UltiPro experience is a plus)
Knowledge Of: key functional areas of human resources including, employee relations, recruiting/employment, talent management, policy implementation, compensation & benefits, learning & development; relevant local, state and federal employment laws;
Ability To: maintain confidentiality; communicate effectively orally and in writing; manage projects effectively, ensuring completion within budget and within agreed upon timeline; respond effectively to sensitive complaints or inquiries; adapt to change; exercise influence and develop positive relationships; apply high ethical standards
- Masters or other advanced degree in Business/HR Management or equivalent experience or education.
- HR certification such as PHR or SPHR.
- Prior experience working in an Alaska Native corporation.