Amsted Rail is the world’s leading manufacturer of undercarriage and end of car rail components for heavy haul freight railcars and locomotives. Our company focus for more than a century has been on providing the most innovative products and integrated systems to meet the needs of the global heavy haul freight rail industry.
For more than a century, Griffin® has been the proven leader in railroad wheel quality, design and service. We have five wheel plants – four in the US and one in Canada. We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager at our Keokuk, Iowa facility. This position is responsible to perform human resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, onboarding and training.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Responsibilities for Safety: Coordination of Training Requirements; Coordinating facility monitoring programs, Work Comp Administration, OSHA Compliance, Safety Recognition Program, Safety Training Program Development, Safety Observations
- Responsibilities for HR: Benefit Open Enrollment Support Employees , Tobacco Cessation Program, Ethics/Harassment Compliance Training, Roundtable Meeting Support and Follow up, Christmas Family Coordination, FMLA Employee Interface , New Hire Onboarding Support, VOP Event Coordination , Talent Acquisition Activities.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or a related field with 7-10 years’ experience in the Human Resources function at a manufacturing facility. Previous experience managing labor contracts, grievances is preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft office applications, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.