American Dental Partners’ vision is to be the leading business partner to dental group practices in the nation. Our mission is to elevate the practice, profession and delivery of oral care. For 20 years and counting, we’ve empowered and supported our team members with leading edge technology, professional development, and education to build healthy, enduring community based dental group practices.
The role of the Human Resources Manager is to develop partnerships with the management teams of group dental practices and resource groups to implement people strategies that support our business objectives and our core values. This position is responsible for promoting our healthy organization culture through our programs and people interactions. A key focus area of this role is to develop and grow leadership and team members’ skills and capabilities through coaching, advising, training, evaluating and educating managers and staff on development and organizational initiatives, employee relations, compensation and employment matters. The Human Resources Manager provides support and coaching in the areas of attracting, developing, retaining and rewarding talent across the organization to ensure we make quality hires and we develop talent internally to support our long term goal building an enduring organization.
- Consult with all levels of management on employee relations, compensation, people development, organizational change management, and staffing.
- Work with the Organizational Development Team to design, develop, and deliver people development programs and learning training that supports our organizational mission of creating a competitive advantage with our Human Capital.
- Through an in-depth understanding of compensation management, educate and advise management teams on our compensation philosophy and practices to assist with aligning behavior with rewards. Coach and advise management teams on compensation related tools and matters such as use of the internal market guide, hiring, promotions, and equity adjustments.
- Create and reinforce organizational clarity through human systems such as performance management, recruitment and hiring, rewards and recognition, and separations.
- Cultivate a performance culture throughout the organization. Educate the workforce on the importance of a performance culture, on the tools that support a performance culture such as performance evaluations, development plans, salary planning, feedback sessions, succession planning etc.
- Drive ongoing people development efforts and succession planning through the use of our people management tools.
- Provide assistance to management teams in the development of personal and performance development plans.
- Provide conflict resolution and guidance with employee relations issues; investigate claims, advise/ recommend solutions and coach managers throughout the process until the matter is closed.
- Establish social operating system that establishes a regular and consistent method to communicate with business partners.
- Collaborate with management to drive workforce planning initiatives.
- Assist with talent acquisition activities to ensure quality hires are made and proper onboarding occurs.
- Participate or drive the design, development, and delivery of OD/HR programs. Manage programs/projects that support our business objectives from start to finish.
- Live and reinforce ADPI’s values of excellence, relationships, ethical behavior, fiscal responsibility, and social responsibility.
- Build relationships through the development of trust and confidence of management and resource staff.
- 15% travel.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of in-depth OD/Human Resources Management experience
- Demonstrated performance and ability to provide HR consultation to managers and employees on matters including Organizational Change, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Compensation, Staffing, and HR policies.
- Experience designing, developing, and executing programs as well as facilitating learning / training to people at all levels within an organization.
- Possesses a passion for developing talent and for learning.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and influence leaders of all levels
- Possesses a "roll up your sleeves and get it done" leadership style that is people-centric, effective and marked by a high level of energy.
- Proven ability and eagerness to achieve results by working through remote management teams.
- Sound judgment, business acumen and the ability to make a contribution to the business as a whole.
- Ability and desire to embrace and manage change. Able to deal with ambiguity effectively.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to employment, compensation, and employee /labor relations.