ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide HR leadership, skill and proficiency in working closely with business leaders and employees to formulate goals and practices that support business unit strategies.
- Diagnose individual, team and organization issues and recommend appropriate interventions.
- Coach and develop all levels of management through performance feedback and effective management processes.
- Provide HR expertise and/or partner with functional HR Specialist teams in various areas such as succession planning, talent management, talent acquisition, organization development, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and training and development.
- Guide business leaders through transformation efforts, and drive organization towards high performance and engagement by facilitating and influencing strategic and functional change.
- Initiate, support and/or lead organizational development strategies including change management, conflict resolution, teambuilding, coaching, intervention, engagement surveys, and/or other necessary strategies.
- Partner with business leaders to identify key capabilities aligned with business goals/workforce plans, conduct gap analysis, and develop and implement buy/build strategies.
- Provide guidance to leaders on a wide variety of people related matters, including employee relations, HR processes and/or company guidelines and/or programs.
- Responsible for the delivery of the full spectrum of HR services to support the entire employee life cycle.
- Understand the HR risk environment, identify and mitigate potential HR risks and support managers to create a positive employee environment.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law.
- Ensure line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Act as the Canada lead for the implementation of assigned global/regional Talent Management initiatives.
- Work closely with the global team to set up the L&D framework for the country.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
To be successful in the role, the incumbent is likely to enjoy a dynamic, fast paced mid-size international business and to be able to cut through ambiguity to find an actionable plan.
Equipped with a strong HR technical background, the individual must be able to work at all levels of the organization.
The individual needs to possess the flexibility and agility to enjoy a fast paced and dynamic business and be capable of managing multiple demands and priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field
- 6 years of progressive HR experience in a fast-paced work environment, of which at least 3 years are spent in employee relations/business partnership.
- Strong communication and presentation skills plus the ability to work in partnership across HR on special projects or initiatives·Solution oriented, looking beyond challenges, with a good eye for detail.
- Effective collaboration and influencing skills with a track record of establishing a positive reputation for working effectively across different levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of local employment law across all provinces of Canada
- Willingness to travel 25%. Some international travel is required.
- Experience working with a US Company preferred
- Experience in a matrixed organization preferred
- CHRL designation