Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Rolled Products division is seeking to add a talented Human Resources Manager to its team located at our Ashville, OH facility. The Human Resources Manager will plan, develop, execute, and continuously improve a variety of human resource activities to support the attainment of the facility/department goals and objectives. Assist in the resolution of human resource and labor relation issues to enhanced organizational efficiency, communication and understanding. Be a champion and guardian for the creation and continuously improving high performance culture.
- Provide leadership and actively participate in maintaining a zero incident safety culture and environmental process via the Aleris 15 HSE elements.
- Live and champion the Aleris core values; Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership, Excellence, and Teamwork
- Lead and manage the human resources function for the Ashville facility.
- Actively participate as a member of the plant leadership team to achieved the desired results.
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with employees and Union representatives.
- Administer the collective bargaining agreement, assist with labor contract negotiations.
- Maintain site related HR Information System transactions and data integrity.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll and time and attendance systems, including audits and process improvement.
- Effectively and efficiently recruit talent, salary and hourly.
- Maintain compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
- Support and execute divisional and/or corporate initiatives.
- Administer company policy, performance management, and compensation processes.
- Assist employees in resolving benefit related issues partnering with the Benefits department.
- Lead the talent management and human resources planning systems for the facility.
- Use the Aleris Operating System and Information Center process to continuously drive improvement.
- Assist the Plant Manager in maintaining a positive relationship with the local community and driving involvement at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources/related field and/or combination of related experience.
- Five (5) plus years HR generalist experience with tangible results in a union represented manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of the National Labor Relations Act
- Possess general knowledge and proficiency in general business and the ability to use computer applications, such as spreadsheets, word processing documents, databases and email programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to proactively resolve issues.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and collaborative approach.
- Strong aptitude and ability to solve problems.
- Must be detailed orientated, possess analytical skills and demonstrate strong customer service.
- Knowledge of HR compliance, employment laws and regulatory requirements.
- Capability of managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work varied hours, be on call, and travel occasionally.
- Master’s degree
- PHR, SPHR
- Kronos, Oracle, Ultipro