PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
The HR Manager will serve as a consultant to management on human resources related issues. The HR Manager will be an employee champion and change agent to provide an environment which supports a high performing employee culture to meet current and future business needs. The HR Manager is expected to proactively communicate with the Distribution Center Manager, and Corporate HR to develop integrated solutions.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Consult with Distribution Center Management to provide HR guidance when appropriate. Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Consult with Corporate to ensure solutions comply with policies and laws.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, and goal setting).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Identify training needs for business, individual coaching and succession planning needs. Create and execute training programs for exempt and non-exempt employees. Evaluate and monitor the success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Provide assistance with staff members' individual development plans and model for self-development by having an active development plan.
- Oversight of the performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Oversight of salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administer and communicate benefit programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, PTO/vacation, leaves of absence, and employee assistance programs. Responsible for the overall success of the programs.
- Responsible for the effective administration of the worker's compensation /safety programs. Coordinates with Loss Prevention.
- Provide oversight and assistance with event planning and charity fundraising, i.e., Children's Miracle Network, Red Cross.
- Provide guidance and input on succession planning. Oversight for the recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel; new-employee orientations; Responsible for the overall success of these programs.
- Oversees the maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Manage HR staff within the Distribution Center.
- Responsible for creating an environment of safety, good working relationships and productivity.
- Responsible for all aspects of recruitment and retention to include new employee orientation.
- Oversight of the compensation, payroll and accounting functions to insure equity and fairness.
- Maintains data integrity within the HR and Payroll system and creates and maintains HRIS data reports used by RSC in achieving business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- PHR/SPHR desirable.
- Minimum 5-8 years' generalist experience preferably in management and in a distribution or manufacturing setting to include complex employee relation issues.
- Demonstrated skills in: Organizational development, interpersonal communication, general consultation, presentation, and data collection/data analysis.