The HR Leader will specialize in managing a diverse and complex workforce and a team of 2-4 HR employees. The HR Leader will act as the main point of contact for senior business leaders in all operational HR matters and provide expertise and consultation on organizational design, communication, cultural transformation. performance management, training and development, EEO/AAP compliance, along with employee relations, new hire onboarding, terminations, and layoffs. The incumbent will also focus on leadership development through informal mentoring, identifying development areas, coaching and mentoring of leadership within functional departments. The selected candidate must be forward-thinking, have superb relationship building skills, business analytical skills, adaptable to change, and willing to work in a dynamic matrix and fast-pace environment supporting multiple senior leaders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop approaches for and manage the overall scope of various human resources initiatives to include policy, system and program implementations.
- Support senior leaders in organization redesign and structural approach to best drive positive business results.
- Consult with senior leaders on key potential talent and how to develop, coach and empower them to build bench strength.
- Identify culture and change opportunities within departments and sub departments and influence change to drive new behaviors that support growth and business results.
- Lead a people first HR philosophy by being responsive, available and approachable to all employee levels.
- Conduct research, determine root causes, develop corrective measures, and implement key HR initiatives to address organizational issues.
- Audit HR practices to ensure compliance with policies, Federal, State, and Local statutes and regulations.
- Apply HR expertise by offering sound guidance to management and employees on matters of Employment, Benefits/Compensation, Employee/Labor Relations, performance management.
- Know, interpret and apply Federal, State, and Local labor laws and make recommendations for appropriate workplace practices implementation
- Participate in developing HR’s strategic direction relevant to the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Leverage resources and obtain leadership buy-in to meet organizational requirements that also drive positive business results.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES), ETC.):
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or a related discipline or equivalent years of experience.
- 8years of experience in a specialized human resources position and3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrated communication skills with different employee levels, to include hourly employees, front-line supervisors, program management, and division leadership.
- Proven experience in employee relations, labor relations with both internal and external audit.
- Human Resources experience in a public company environment.
- Experience supporting over 400 domestic employees in a dispersed multi-state environment.
- This position requires up to 20% travel on an annual basis.
- HRCI or SHRM certification highly desired.
- Master's degree in business administration, human resources, or a related discipline.
- 8years of experience in a specialized human resources position and4 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Commercial or government contracting experience, SCA and union environment experience.
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.