- Demonstrate safety leadership and actively participate in maintaining a zero incident safety culture.
- Live and champion the Aleris core values; Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership, Excellence, and Teamwork
- Lead HRIS projects, creating and presenting business case when appropriate, developing and executing project plans, and delivering results within targeted timeframes and within budget.
- Partner with functional and business stakeholders to understand, evaluate and improve/streamline HR system processes and services to employees. Make recommendations and develop requirements based on system and functional knowledge.
- Understand global and local cultural, security, business and labor requirements that impact systems and process design and ensure recommendations consider these factors.
- Understand and manage data, technical and functional requirements of systems and all departments/processes impacted by the HR system (payroll, benefits, etc.). Stay apprised of security, legislative/regulatory compliance such as Safe Harbor, Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), etc. and ensure HR systems and processes meet those standards.
- Manage all HR systems vendor relationships, contracts and statements of work.
- Manage HR systems development, enhancement, and process improvement work.
- Ensure site HR resources are adequately trained on all systems, HR processes and procedures. Lead global HRIS analyst team to update user training materials as needed.
- Be a communication leader for the function, developing and delivering effective and audience appropriate presentations and communications. This position will interface frequently with executives in HR, IT and Finance.
- Coach, develop, and motivate employees on the HRIS systems team. Apply appropriate leadership styles based on project, skills and experience of team members.
- Other projects/responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or combination of equivalent experience in IT field/HRIS field.
- Minimum 10 years of related IT experience managing systems and 5 years in the HRIS function and/or major role in HR systems project implementation
- Demonstrate project management skills, ability to develop and maintain detailed project plan, identify dependencies and critical path items and work within budget.
- Significant knowledge of HRIS systems
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple project assignments which may require work over 40 hours per week and project meetings outside normal US business hours to accommodate global project teams and time zones.
- Must be able to travel globally and within the US. Travel is approximately 10-15% annually and can range from one day to two weeks. Flexibility and the ability to travel on short notice is required.
- Understanding of current practices, trends and processes associated with multiple HR functions and how systems can influence productivity in those areas. This includes the employee life-cycle, payroll, performance management, compensation planning, benefits, HRIS, recruitment, on-boarding, off-boarding and reporting.
- Must possess strong relationship building and communication skills, with proven ability to successfully collaborate with all levels of internal customers such as business partners including HR, Finance, and Operational teams and leaders.
- Experience with application configuration, software vendor selection, and vendor relationship management.
Experience with Oracle (performance management, benefits processing, compensation planning, core HR), Kronos, (time and attendance), iCIMS (applicant tracking),