Human Resources Generalist
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s Watertown, MA office is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our growing corporate HR team. The successful candidate will be responsible for building successful partnerships with managers and staff throughout VHB’s New England region.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy markets, as well as with federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Build and maintain proactive partnerships with managers and staff throughout VHB’s New England region to understand business needs and challenges
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing risk and ensuring regulatory compliance, and partnering with HR and Risk leaders as needed/required
- Manage employee relations needs and offer ideas, tools, and solutions
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective nvestigations of employee relations issues
- Advise managers and employees regarding performance management, conflict resolution and policy interpretation
- Coach, counsel and guide managers on employee disciplinary matters
- Seek out and analyze trends and metrics in employee data to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Run staffing and other data-driven reports from HRIS database on an ongoing basis
- Participate in the development/enhancement of HR policies and procedures, and provide HR policy guidance and interpretation for management and staff
- Coordinate all exit interviews for the New England region
- Manage immigration and foreign national sponsorships for the New England region, working closely with VHB’s Recruiting team and outside legal counsel as needed
- Collaborate with our Learning & Development team to identify regional training needs and deliver, evaluate and monitor successful training programs
- Collaborate with VHB’s People and Culture team to support a positive culture and employee relations environment across the organization
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to exhibit strong diplomacy, discretion, and tact
- Highly effective listening and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining confidentiality
- Willingness/ability to proactively identify issues, make appropriate recommendations, and take appropriate action for successful resolutions
- Track record of applying analytical skills to enhance decision-making
- High energy level; comfortable multi-tasking and performing tactical projects
- Team-oriented, positive “can-do” attitude
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- 5+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience, including managing employee relations matters, preferably in a professional services setting
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations
- PHR certification preferred
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.