As a part of the People Team and site Leadership Team, champions and provides leadership and/or support in all areas of Culture and People Development to help achieve business objectives in harmony with our people-centric culture. This includes but is not limited to talent acquisition, on-boarding, goal setting, performance, safety, wellbeing, compensation and benefits, training, leadership development, personal development, succession planning, and off-boarding.
Work with Barry-Wehmiller, divisional and local leadership to align programs and processes with the strategies and goals of the business and culture.
- Understands, models and communicates the Barry-Wehmiller culture and how to integrate it into the local culture. Assists in developing an inspirational leadership organization and coaches team members in building trusting relationships.
- Actively engages in the L3 Culture by seeking and participating in identifying, making and participating in personal and organizational continuous improvements. Leads and/or participates in various CPD areas and/or strategic initiatives. Maintains, develops and/or monitors related performance metrics to gage trends and progress to goals.
- Works with leaders to anticipate and meet the evolving needs for talent acquisition, people and workforce development and ensuring sustainable processes and practices to support.
- Oversees and coordinates onboarding to provide opportunities and an environment that supports learning and bonding with our business and culture so team members are contributing as early as possible. Works with hiring leaders to leverage standard processes and to ensure individualized onboarding and development plans.
- Provides training and coaching in relevant skills, processes and improvements in alignment with the goals of the business and culture.
- Provides direction and/or support to achieve goals for safety, physical wellbeing, compensation, time off / leaves of absence, and benefits and team members go home every day safe, well and fulfilled.
- Supports recognition and celebration, helping leaders and team members recognize opportunities and various methods for positive feedback and reinforcement of desired behaviors.
- Guides and coaches leaders and team members to help them consider and appropriately address issues that present obstacles to success. May lead and / or assist in investigations and corrective actions as needed.
- Utilizes and leverages the People Information System for high operational and team member value.
- Assists in assuring programs and practices aligned with employment compliance.
- Performs otherresponsibilities as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field.
7+ years progressive and broad Human Resources / Organizational Development experience including leading through influence, creating and sustaining processes, and developing / using metrics. Must have experience in at least 5 of the following areas: employment law, talent acquisition, benefits, compensation, safety practices & compliance, onboarding, performance management, workforce planning & development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and COMPETENCIES:
- Facilitating recruitment and conducting behavior based interviewing including competencies
- Speaking and facilitating with small and large groups; training and coaching leaders and team members
- Leading and building teams / team dynamics
- Project definition and leadership experience
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent computer skills with various applications including Microsoft Office Suite and strong keyboarding.
- Strategic Skills: Problem Solving
- Operating Skills: Business Acumen, Priority Setting
- Courage: Conflict Management, Hiring and Staffing
- Energy and Drive: Drive for Results
- Organizational Positioning Skills: Organizational Agility
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal Savvy
Flexible to work beyond and/or outside of regular working hours if necessary. Ability to travel periodically. Valid US driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Manufacturing experience
- Full life cycle recruitment experience including technical roles
- HRIS experience and reporting (Workdaypreferred)
- Succession planning
- Strategic workforce initiatives
- Behavior based safety initiatives