The successful HR Specialist will provide support and assistance to the Corporate HR office and be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and work closely with senior management in supporting all locations.
This position carries out principal responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, onboarding, training, employee relations and policy execution.
The HR Specialist will achieve staffing objectives by studying the organization plans and objectives; building on the recruiting resources and providing management with information, opportunities, and benefits.
The HR Specialist will also be primarily responsible for managing the training programs and professional delivery of training content to all staff companywide. The successful candidate will be customer-centered and have experience in delivering training material in a fast-paced environment. A key responsibility of all Speedling employees is to ensure all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate with all levels of management to discuss recruiting and training needs.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; maintain the employee handbook and policy and procedure manuals.
- Partake in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Determine applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and job qualifications.
- Attract applicants by conducting recruitment plans, conduct/monitor new hire orientation and on boarding, and monitor career path programs.
- Determine applicant qualifications by analyzing resumes, responses and verify references.
- Coordinate applicant interviews and communicate necessary feedback throughout the recruiting process.
- Expand organization brand by recommending new policies and practices.
- Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintain company organizational charts.
- Articulate detailed information in an easy to understand manner.
- Make recommendations and upgrades to all training materials when appropriate.
- Responsible for coordinating and delivering training materials and running classes at times.
- Support in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Assist with other functional areas within human resources as required.
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year College or university and a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training Specialized Knowledge or Skills
- Bilingual in Spanish a must
- Must have solid knowledge and experience of recruitment and selection techniques and requirements of the federal Selection Guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Acts and possess strong interviewing skills
- Must have high instructional delivery abilities, exposure to various learning systems a definite plus
- Knowledgeable about existing and emerging training methods/tools
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Ability to interact and communicate with others and develop a team approach
- Clean criminal history and drug free
- Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one
- Self-motivated professional with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Microsoft Suite and Google Proficient
- Ability to adapt to change and innovation
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water and dirt.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee Relations: 3 years
- Human Resources Generalist: 3 years
- HR in Agriculture industry: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Human Resources Management