PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide guidance to all employees on employee related concerns.
- Assists in the implementation of HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbooks, communications, and/or meetings.
- Coordinates Benefits Open Enrollment process. Conducts presentations at employee meetings, sets up individual appointments when needed, assists employee spouses as needed and ensures all employees complete process in HRIS.
- Benefit issue resolution to include review and approval of employee self service transactions in HRIS.
- Executes all facets of employment process to include recruiting through new hire orientation.
- Facilitate and proctor pre-employment written tests.
- Complete I-9 process in HireRight for new hires and update status upon termination.
- Creates and maintains job folders for auditing compliance purposes.
- Enter data transactions in HRIS to initiate new hires, terminations, promotions, lateral moves, etc.
- Develops monthly Headcount report and ensures that approved headcount levels are maintained.
- Update Organizational chart monthly. Reconcile open positions to ensure accurate and consistent reporting in HRIS.
- Prepares additional reports in conformance with legislated requirements or organizational needs.
- Perform periodic audits of HRIS data to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Serves as back up to Payroll Partner.
- Review monthly insurance carrier invoices and facilitate timely premium payments.
- Facilitate monthly payment of Union Dues.
- Maintain union progression data.
- Maintain Engineer Data Spreadsheet.
- Provides support during annual United Way campaign by tracking employee contributions.
- Willingness to perform other duties as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resources or Business Management.
A minimum of five years human resources professional level experience required.
A minimum of two years of payroll processing experience required.
Experience in a union environment with shift work preferred.
Must have working knowledge of HR Information Systems (preferably Workday).
Strong attention to detail and excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access required.
Good interpersonal and communications skills are necessary due to extensive interaction with internal and external contacts.
Job requires independent judgment and decision making and excellent analytical skills.