NOTE: This position could be a Generalist or Manager role, depending on candidate qualifications.
Provides human resources support and guidance on company policies and procedures to leadership and teammates in one or more locations within the assigned region. May support sales, operations, or corporate functions by providing consultation and collaboration in all functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to effective employee relations, staffing, compensation and benefits, training, and change management. Works with HR leadership and business leaders to collaboratively communicate and implement HR policies and procedures, while helping support business strategy. Acts as an advocate for teammates, performs investigations, and escalates issues as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Serves as a coach to leadership in assigned facilities to ensure effective employee relations in matters of supervision, discipline, termination, motivation and performance management procedures, practices and policies. Conducts timely and thorough complaint/charge investigations and makes appropriate recommendations. Prepares case findings and recommendations for review by HR Leadership and Legal Department.
2. Leads culture and engagement in assigned facilities by ensuring effective communication plans driving employee engagement; serves as a liaison between teammates and O&M Leadership; promotes and fosters 'open door' culture.
3. Acts as an impartial teammate advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment.
4. Reviews dashboard information and makes recommendations to management and leadership for continuous improvement including follow-up; generates, analyzes, and presents HR metrics reporting to management.
5. Drives internal employee communications plans regarding policy changes and organization announcements; can include compensation, benefits, or company policies in conjunction with corporate HR center of excellence teams.
6. Works with management to drive the performance management process, development plans, and individual performance improvement plans for teammates in the assigned facilities.
7. Partners with HR colleagues and field operations leadership team in development and execution of human resources initiatives to meet business goals.
8. Works with the HR Leadership and Legal in giving background and preparing response materials for civil and EEOC charges. Communicates, implements and administers company policies/procedures in the areas of affirmative action, benefits, and compensation, training, employment/outplacement and quality initiatives to meet the business goals.
9. Provides individual coaching/counseling to all teammates using conflict resolution and mediation techniques, intervention and change management strategies as circumstances dictate. Refers teammates to the appropriate resources/services, where applicable.
10. Leverages the exit survey process and related turnover data to identify and address retention issues.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES: