Omron Management Center of America ("OMCA"), is looking for an energetic and focused HR Generalist to support the operational Human Resources function at two offices in the San Francisco East Bay: San Ramon, CA, Adept Technologies, Inc. ("OAT"), and Omron Scientific Technologies, Inc. ("OSTI") Fremont, CA. Theprimary responsibilities include providing consultative support to managers and employees by applying a thorough knowledge of human resource practices and policies, as well as the day to day HR data analytical support.
This position carries out responsibilities in functional areas such as employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, onboarding, policy implementation, and legal/regulatory compliance. The HR role, is responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of HR solutions aligned tothe business and HR strategy
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel and assists in the development and implementation ofpersonnel policies and procedures.
- Partner with local management and functional leaders on organizational change efforts in support of company's annual objectives, assisting withcommunication strategies and organizational design efforts.
- Support the performance management cycle, advising and coaching managers on the annual performance review and the compensation planning process.
- Meet with managers to assess staffing needs and ensure job descriptions are updated and accurately reflect the position.
- Working with employees and Immigration Attorney's on a variety ofemployment-based visa matters.
- Assist with recruitment and selection of exempt and non-exempt positions. Apply customary practices for identifying and interviewing candidates that are the best fit for the position.
- Assist with the on-boarding process of new employees and managers so they are able to quickly contribute to Omron's success.
- Develop and implement employee engagement programs that enhance Omron's effectiveness and the employee experience.
- Conduct 90 day, and exit interviews as needed.
- Address employee relations matters including ethics investigations, policy interpretation, conflict resolution, etc.
- Advise management with respect to employee relations with emphasis on early identification and resolution.
- Ensure and maintain compliance with state and federal regulations. Communicate expectations to management for any compliance issues.
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records and compile reports.
- Ensure that employees are paid accurately and on-time by assisting with data input and serving as a liaison to the OMCA Payroll team.
- Lead and assist with planning of employee events.
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
- Represent the Omron Principles through personal and business interactions.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in the human resources field.
- Thorough understanding of Employment Law and Diversity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources practice areas ofrecruitment, compensation, performance, safety and employee relations.
- Experience with and ability to learn basic data lookup and reportdevelopment in HRIS programs, experience with ADP Vantage a plus.
- Previous experience conducting hands on staffing and recruiting. Vast knowledge of working with social media platforms such as Linked In.
- Ability to conduct training and development classes, listening sessions, communication platforms and business presentations.
- Ability to work efficiently with standard business PC applications, including: Excel, Word, Power Point and Lotus Notes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in an open, business focused environment and communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to interact professionally and responsibly with all levels ofmanagement and staff.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, but a strong team player.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives for a timely and successful conclusion.
- Able to effectively plan and prioritize.