The successful HR Specialist will offer support and assistance to the Corporate HR office and be accountable for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and work closely with senior management in supporting all California locations.
This position carries out principal responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, onboarding, training, employee relations and policy implementation.
The HR Specialist will achieve staffing objectives by studying the organization plans and objectives; building on the recruiting resources and providing management with information, opportunities, and benefits.
The HR Specialist will also be primarily responsible for managing the training programs and professional delivery of training content to all staff in California, as well as being well-informed of all CA HRlaws and regulations. A key responsibility of all Speedling employees is to guarantee all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to encourage a safe working environment.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; maintain compliance with the employee handbook and policy and procedure manuals.
- Communicate with all levels of management to discuss recruiting and training needs.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Determine applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and job qualifications.
- Attract applicants by conducting recruitment plans, conduct/monitor new hire orientation and on boarding, and monitor career path programs.
- Determine applicant qualifications by analyzing resumes, responses and verify references.
- Partner with local temporary agency to fill seasonal positions.
- Improve organization brand by recommending new policies and practices.
- Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintain California facility organizational charts.
- Make recommendations and upgrades to all training materials when appropriate.
- Responsible for coordinating and delivering training materials and running classes at times.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Participate and represent HR on both local and National Safety Committees.
- Assist with Worker’s Compensation claims through closure.
- Assist with other functional areas within human resources as needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish a must.
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year College or university and a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training Specialized Knowledge or Skills
- Must have solid knowledge and experience of recruitment and selection techniques and requirements of the federal Selection Guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Acts and possess strong interviewing skills
- Working knowledge of California HRlaws and regulations; FLC experience a plus.
- Must have high instructional delivery abilities, exposure to various learning systems a definite plus
- Knowledgeable about existing and emerging training methods/tools
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Ability to interact and communicate with others and develop a team approach
- Clean criminal history and drug free
- Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one
- Self-motivated professional with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, and written/oral communication skills
- Microsoft Suite and Google Proficient
- Ability to travel to all CA locations
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water and dirt.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, adapt to change and promote innovation.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources Generalist: 5 years
- HR in Agriculture industry: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Human Resources Management