La Clinica is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Generalist provides comprehensive human resources support to La Clinica employees. The Human Resources Generalist will build and develop effective relationships with the leaders and employees to influence and execute HRprocesses and initiatives. This position is responsible for implementing and managing HR policies, procedures and programs. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) benefits and compensation, employee relations, employee engagement and policy and procedure development. This position maintains knowledge of all Federal and State regulations and reporting requirements and ensures all HR policies, procedures and reports are in compliance. This position provides support to the Human Resources Director.
- Provides support in all areas of human resources and assists with day-to-day operations including: employee relations; compensation and benefits administration; performance management and improvement systems; design and management of personnel records; recruitment and hiring practices; FMLA/OFLA process; employment and compliance to regulatory concerns; employee orientation, development, and training; policy development and documentation; and HR communication facilitation.
- Conducts thorough investigations regarding employee relations matters, safety and performance issues and other behaviors that may be a violation of La Clinica's policies. Reviews results with Human Resources Director and makes recommendations on course of action.
- Coaches, counsels and guides supervisors before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Assist in the development, administration and ongoing monitoring of Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs). Works with supervisors to ensure clear objectives, consistent approach and regular follow up. Ensure planning, monitoring and appraisal of employee work results.
- Processes all terminations and resignations ensuring that the proper documentation is filed, and conducts exit interviews.
- Will be the primary contact for our unemployment contractor, providing appropriate documentation and coordinating La Clinica's participation in unemployment hearings.
- Supports the Human Resources team and Payroll Specialist in end to end administration of the ADP system. Expand knowledge in payroll functionality and provide backup support to the Payroll Specialist.
- Develop system improvement strategies to ensure consistency and accuracy of HR and payroll functions.
- Audit, update and process monthly benefit premium payments.
- Works closely with providers and employees to process, track and reimburse continuing education expenses and license renewals, and responds to loan repayment employment verifications.
- Conducts quarterly and annual employee engagement and satisfaction surveys and sets and manages work plan to improve employee engagement.
- Develop strategies to increase workforce readiness, retention, and engagement.
- Proactively identifies HR improvement strategies to better support employees and supervisors and involves appropriate stakeholders in decision-making processes.
- Develops, implements and maintains HR policies and procedures and documents HR workflows.
- Assists in the development and implementation of employee in-service trainings and technical assistance.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all organizational events and programs such as holiday celebrations, parades and other team building functions.
- In coordination with the Human Resources Director, will conduct an annual market review of the organization's pay structure and provide pay recommendations to senior leadership team.
- Effectively communicates La Clinica's mission and values to employees and clients.
- May supervise, train and evaluate the work of assigned staff, temporary resources, and volunteers.
- Participates in the selection of new employees and makes recommendations regarding the hiring, discipline, transfer and terminations of subordinate employees.
- Manages and maintains affiliation agreements with schools and coordinates the apartment lease and student usage with landlord.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Customer Service: Must have strong customer service skills and be able to interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at a level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity. Must demonstrate highly effective interpersonal skills and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Builds and maintains professional, support-oriented working relationships with employees and community partners and provides quality decision-making that adheres to our core values.
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in organizing time and managing multiple demands.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and statistical analysis. Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work productively both independently and in a team setting.
- Valid Oregon Driver's License and insurance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and 2-3 years of Human Resources experience; or six years of equivalent experience as a Human Resources Generalist may be substituted.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment law, Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and Human Resources policies and practices.
- Previous experience in healthcare or other experience in a community-based nonprofit organization.
- Experience working with ADP or other HRIS systems.
- SPHR, PHR or SHRM-CP certification.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
This position is located in Medford Oregon, and can not be done remotely.
Applications will be reviewed by the appropriate department for interview; those selected must be able to provide proof of legal right to work in this country. Criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen will be performed prior to any job offers. La Clinica is a drug free work environment. Equal Opportunity Employer. La Clinica complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you consider yourself disabled and desire assistance in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department.