Are you looking for a fun, mission-oriented company where you can make a difference? Do you have human resources experience and find joy in serving others? If so, we have an opportunity for you as Human Resources Generalist!
Home Instead, Inc. is dedicated to its mission to enhance the lives of aging adults and their families, and we are equally committed to bettering the lives of our close-knit family of employees.
We’re growing our human resources team and are looking for a human resources professional who believes in providing an exceptional employee experience. We recruit top talent, provide competitive benefits, and create a “home away from home”, where employees can be proud of the work they do changing the face of aging®.
Apply today to join our team as a Human Resources Generalist! You’ll be responsible for supporting the team at Home Instead, Inc. in the areas of benefits administration, compliance and learning development.
Human Resources Generalist responsibilities:
- Enroll and terminate benefits coverage, coordinate record keeping, payroll deductions, and reconcile monthly billings for Home Instead, Inc. and all affiliated entities.
- Manage benefits content section of intranet, including ensuring information is current, accurate and update messaging when necessary.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager with open enrollment.
- Responsible for COBRA initial notices and election notices.
- Responsible for EEO-1 reporting.
- Act as a back-up for ACA and FMLA compliance, as needed.
- Perform background checks and facilitate drug screens for new hires.
- Oversee and maintain HRIS records.
- Schedule quarterly on-site classes for employee learning and development.
- Communicate learning and development opportunities via the intranet.
- Assist with job description development to ensure consistency across the organization.
- Oversee and maintain department records and reports.
- Maintain electronic personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Assist with random drug screening for all affiliated entities.
- Participate in salary surveys, as requested.
- Coordinate use of temporary employees, as needed.
- Provide back-up front desk/switchboard coverage.
- Demonstrate utmost confidentiality with company and employee information and records.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business with an HR focus.
- Five years of experience in HR; an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
The Home Instead Senior Care®network provides personalized care, support and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world's leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with more than 1,000 independently owned and operated franchises that are estimated to annually provide more than 65 million hours of care throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Local Home Instead Senior Care offices employ approximately 65,000 CAREGiversSM worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. The Home Instead Senior Care network strives to partner with each client and his or her family members to help meet that individual’s needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources. At Home Instead Senior Care, it’s relationship before task, while striving to provide superior quality service. These independently owned and operated franchises achieve service excellence with the support of dedicated Global Headquarters staff members who provide exceptional service with a personal touch.
The Home Instead, Inc. benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health; Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Life Insurance (Basic & Additional Voluntary Coverage for Employee, Spouse and/or Children)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Honor PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- On-site Dining Room