Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and the second largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world. Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, also provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers.
The Human Resources Generalist will plan, direct, and execute human resource management activities for the business to maximize the strategic use of human resources and provide a high performance culture. This position requires the ability to lead strategic projects where independent action, judgment and a high degree of initiative are required.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic leadership to business partners to deliver value-added service that reflects the business objectives of the company and assists in meeting business plans and initiatives.
- Execute full life cycle recruiting to recruit and hire a superior workforce. Use current market intelligence and innovative recruitment techniques to identify and attract qualified candidates that will enhance the company’s culture and productivity.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective internal investigations independently.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management including coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement plans.
- Provide guidance on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Conduct new hire orientation procedures ensuring the integration and acclimation is well performed as a measure of retention and effectiveness.
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Assist in responding to agency charges with focus on ensuring consistency, fair treatment to the employee and minimizing risk to the organization.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Prepare time records for payroll processing.
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records and compile reports from database.
- Assume otherresponsibilities as assigned by Director Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field and 5 plus years of HR experience is required
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification required
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Aptitude to maintain highly confidential information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with urgency and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills for multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads
- Ability to adapt easily to change
- Industrial human resource experience is a plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Occasional travel (approximately 15%) to field locations
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job includes but is not limited to: frequent sitting, computer use, and telephone use; ability to climb and to stoop or crouch during field visits
- Noise level at corporate work environment is typically quiet to moderate
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles as well as high noise level during field visits
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay; a generous benefit package; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; a retirement savings plan; flexible spending accounts; a business casual attire work environment. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.