Human Resources Generalist
PHOENIX AZHUMAN RESOURCESFULL-TIMEAPPLY FOR THIS JOBAt Freshly, our mission is to make our customers happy, healthy and more free to pursue their passions. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being part of history and future success. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting in the operation of department. You will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and or as necessary.
- Responsible for the establishment of robust recruitment processes and procedures to ensure the attraction and retention of talent.
- Serve as a backup for New Hire Orientation and Onboarding.
- Provides Employee Relations expertise and shapes the local ER strategy ensuring all policies and procedures are legally compliant, managers are trained and aware of how to handle employee matters, leading and supporting leaders when it comes to consultation/negotiation with employees and responds to all employee matters to gain resolution.
- Partners with Plant Leaders to create and execute Training and Development throughout the workforce.
- Partners with Plant Leaders to help guide and support the business initiatives and align them against the Human Resource strategy.
- Maintain, track and audit payroll and compensation changes.
- Execute career plans, succession plans, performance management and people development.
- Conduct open enrollment and provide ongoing education of company Health and ancillary benefits and 401k.
- Maintain employee records and process all employee changes through the HRIS System.
- Administer policies, procedures and employee handbooks.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Identify inefficiencies and create solutions.
- Prepare reports for data analysis.
- Utilizes internal and external data, generates and analyzes reports as required to provide basis for business cases and meet regulatory requirements as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach, push, pull, bend and twist.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, move up and down stairs; move, lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Read information, often in small print.
- Enter and locate information on a computer system or communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Observe behavior of others.
- This position is located in an office environment with moderate to low noise levels and is typically sedentary. Daily use of a computer and phone system is necessary as well as interaction with staff, candidates and vendors.
- Work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, occasionally in extreme cold or heat from 34 to 90 degrees, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Have flexibility with regard to work hours in order to meet the needs of the employees and management team relative to accessibility, and visibility, across all shifts as needed.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field (i.e., Business, Organizational Development, Communication, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in an operations/logistics/manufacturing environment with 150 or more employees.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Experience working with a start-up or rapid growth business preferred.
- Strong recruiting experience.
- Experience with HRIS systems.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Strong change management skills.
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive todeliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.