Job Reference ID: HUMAN03167 Company Description:
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of thedepartments to ensure a high level of employee engagement and job satisfaction.
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves
- Strong internal and external customer service focus. This is high visibility position. Must be able to present self with a professional and welcoming composure at all times. Exemplifies core values.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Must have firm understanding of employment law and be able to align processes in accordance to requirements.
- Support business functions on recruitment need and help coordinate recruitment action plan with HR Team.
- Lead on participating in local job fairs.
- Coach and consult with Management members on employee performance concerns, review corrective actions and development plans.
- Assist Employees with concern and/or inquires.
- Complete investigations and provide recommendation of course of action in alignment with core values.
- Cross trained to support and serve as back-up for all HR functions. Provide mentorship and guidance on daily needs. Keep head of HR informed.
- Participate in planning company events and project leading assigned committees.
- Record keeping and filing audit. Provide recommendation and assist with remedy as needed.
- Keep up to date on local and federal labor laws. Ensure policies and process are in compliance.
- Complete Special Projects as assigned.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned/needed.
- Assist in training and development, onboarding, and employment terminations of employees.
- Manage leave of absence and Workers Comp processes.
- Understand and interpret company policies and procedures.
Excellent communication skills, must be able to speak in front of large groups
PC skills required (excel, word, power point, publisher)
DOT experiencepreferred but not required
Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel as needed.
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
5 Years experience or equivalent 1 year formal training plus 2 years in experience in leadership or like position paired with BA Degree
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Functional Expert:Considered a thought leader on a subject
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Innovative:Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals