Human Resources Generalist
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
American National is seeking a Human Resource Generalist. The Human Resource Generalist will work closely with Senior Generalist and HR management in supporting designated business areas. A strong candidate should have the ability to strategically consult management and employees on human resource related issues, develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned business areas, and illustrate strong problem-solving capabilities. Being able to communicate and interpret various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations are imperative in this role.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
An ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ human resource experience, or a master’s degree in human resource management and two years’ experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification desired
- High level of initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a concise format for various audiences
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, conscientious and able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally, in writing, and strong collaboration/relationship building skills
- Consistently demonstrate a positive approach, team-player attitude and professional demeanor. Strong sense of team work and working in team environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively lead projects to meet schedule, budget, and quality standards
- Capable of working independently, self-managing and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of leading team projects and managing others
Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume, professional service environment
Why work for American National?
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Career advancement
- Professional Development