HNTB is seeking an HR Director to join the West Division. The position may be located in Los Angeles, Santa Ana, Oakland or Seattle, WA. This position will help develop, implement, drive and manage HR programs for the Division with a focus on service and delivery. The West Division includes offices in California, Washington, and Utah. . This position reports directly into the Division President with a strong dotted line into the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Acts as the primary strategic Human Resources resource for divisional or subsidiary management teams. Serves as an active participant in division or subsidiary business planning, strategic and day-to-day planning, related to on-going and future operations to better understand business/client needs. Serves as point of contact between field and corporate HR for the development, execution and administration of firm-wide HR initiatives and programs.
- Provides support to management and staff for the implementation and administration of HNTB's HR programs and initiatives, policies and/or procedures.
- Keeps abreast of changing state and national laws.
Provides leadership assessment and development program to local management in strategic and day-to-day HR activities.
- Focuses on succession planning and talent development by partnering with senior management and HR Learning and Development to identify key candidates and create a strategy for the development of selected internal staff.
- Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources and business performance issues, resolving issues.
- Conducts all, including the most complex, employee relations investigations either independently or with the assistance of legal counsel; proactively identifies HR issues, develops solutions and involves the appropriate resources to ensure a fair, positive and timely resolution.
- Accountable for developing and implementing processes, covering HR related issues to ensure compliance with federal, state and company HR policies and regulations.
- Influences and encourages a learning environment/training that provides the necessary tools, education and materials to management and employees through workshops for continuous improvement.
- Protects interests of employees and the company in accordance with HR policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Approves recommendations for terminations.
- Increases efficiency of recruiting process; participates with Leadership Team in evaluating staff needs based on the business plan and where necessary, the cost effective sourcing of external candidates; collaborates with the Recruiting Manager to ensure company interviewing and hiring standards are uniformly applied.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related area
Prior expertise in HR functional knowledge across multiple HR areas (Strategic Workforce/Succession Planning, Learning & Development, Recruiting, Benefits, Compensation, Performance Management, and Change Management).
Prior HR Management experience in professional services industry.
Experience defining HR, competency, and workforce strategy including understanding the needs of the business and translating them to actionable steps
Experience assessing and / or developing HR metrics or HR benchmarking.
Highly developed presentation skills gained in a client-facing environment.
Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) Demonstrated ability to manage time and multiple commitments/projects simultaneously excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Strong coaching, mentoring, and influencing skills
HR Certification such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
Demonstrated ability to drive change in a fast-paced, complex work environment.
Experience in workforce planning and demonstrated ability to lead recruiting efforts to meet growth demands of the business.
Local candidates preferred
50% travel expected
Job ID 0917-17016