We are looking for a Director, Human Resources to join our team and implement various people programs. This role will have significant autonomy in creating programs and policies with acute focus to recruit, develop, coach, compensate and retain the talent needed to execute on our strategy. The role will have the opportunity to continue to mold and enhance the company’s culture while promoting excellence and high performance in all parts of the organization. Our employee population is 70%+ remote so it is critical that any candidate has extensive experience at a company with a high percentage of remote team members and teams. An experienced leader with a proven ability to move from strategic to hands on execution with a faced-paced start-up.
As the Director, HR, you have a broad knowledge of people functions, from hiring to on-boarding, driving employee engagement and continued performance, and from employee compensation to evaluation. If you have a passion for Human Resources, are familiar with labor law and look to further your career in the field, this is the place to be. The goal is to ensure the department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization.
Your role will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of tasks, such as creating processes and practices supporting our Employee handbook, organizing where and how processes and practices are communicated and stored, help identify best performance management platform to drive ultimate employee output and engagement, administering employee benefits, leaves and crafting HR policies. You will use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. And you’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR- related topics.
- Develop a comprehensive policy regarding remote working/communication and coach managers on the best practices of managing a remote workforce
- Be the culture leader of the company to ensure the company’s core values are communicate and are threaded into the fabric of everyday life of our employees
- Organize training & development initiatives
- Identify and implement HR and employee engagement programs and processes
- Lead employee on-boarding and off-boarding processes; identify and administer innovation tools systems that support rapid scale and growth
- Help in launching innovative HR systems to be used in performance evaluation, compensation, and promotion processes
- Work closely with third-party PEO to administer benefits, employee leaves, workman’s compensation, and payroll (in collaboration with Finance)
- Ensure enrollment and compliance with federal and state programs, and counsel employees applying for benefits under these programs
- Be an advocate and resource for our people and a leader in our diversity and inclusion programs
- Advise staff regarding employment basics and policies, conferring with counsel as necessary
- Maintain employee records and ensure they are kept accurate and up to date
- Manage, modify, and/or create data and reports (Excel, Google sheets) in HR systems
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Develop and implement human resource policies
- Proven experience as HR Director 10+ years of experience within a fast-paced corporate environment
- Experience at a rapidly growing SaaS company with a very high percentage (50%+) of remote workers
- Experience in a startup environment preferred.
- Understanding of human resources policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach and aptitude in problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business administration or relevant field and additional HR training
- Knowledge of people analytics and HRIS systems
- Experience implementing people programs including compensation, performance feedback, HR compliance, and professional growth
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving
- Deep sense of empathy and ability to communicate across diverse groups
- Strong knowledge of G Suite for Business, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint