This position is responsible for creating, developing, and delivering HR strategy for one Area of the field organization, including the development and implementation of HR plans and programs that enable the stores/field to achieve their strategic objectives. In addition, this individual is directly responsible for the HRsupport to the Phoenix Home Office Store Operations & Services team, including multiple Vice Presidents and the Senior Vice President of Store Operations and Services. This position requires a high level of cross-functional collaboration throughout the Human Resources, Store Operations, Services, and Field organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Strategic HR partner to Senior Vice President of Store Operations and Services, Vice President of the Area (field/stores), Vice President of Store Operations, and Vice President of Services.
- Lead team of HR business partners who support eight Regional Directors and 40+ District Leaders.
- Responsible for execution and ownership of HR strategy for a workforce of 25,000+ associates/720+ stores in 20+ states, including California.
- Lead all areas of HR for stores and field leadership, including talent and performance management, succession planning, engagement, positive workplace environment, organizational development, change management, and employment law.
- Partner with the Legal team to conduct associate relations and ethics and integrity investigations for high-level leaders. Partners with associate relations initiatives to ensure an engaged workforce, implementation of retention efforts, and a respectful workplace environment.
- Responsible for ensuring legislative and policy compliance for all HR activity.
- Drive operational success through HR metrics including turnover, staffing, scheduling, and engagement. Identify trends during monthly and quarterly business reviews and implement action plans for improvement.
- Maintain close and trusted partnerships with Phoenix Home Office colleagues as the primary Field HR point of contact for corporate projects impacting stores and field leadership.
- Provide HR consultation to Store Operations and Services department at the Phoenix Home Office by maintaining thorough knowledge of labor, operations, analytics, services, and veterinary practices.
- Facilitate training sessions on topics such as diversity and inclusion, positive associate relations, leadership development, and team building.
- Leads and shapes all organizational design for field and Store Operations and Services, including all items that require Compensation and Benefits Committee approval.
- Leads talent management and Everyday Performance Management initiatives for Store Operations and Services, to ensure identification and development of high potential associates and bench strength.
- Partners with Area field recruiters to support talent acquisition, external talent pipeline, and strategies for employer branding initiatives.
- Serve as the main liaison between field HR and the home office, maintaining alignment with key partners and sharing information with all parties on a regular basis.
- Regularly travel to markets within the Area to visit stores and establish a trusted HR presence with all store and field associates and leaders.
- Directly oversees 2+ Field HR Business Partners.
- Maintains a dotted-line relationship with regional recruiters.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 10+ years HR generalist leadership in business or multi-unit retail; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of California employment law is preferred.
- Must demonstrate business and financial acumen.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate ability to build partnerships/relationships with internal and external partners, leveraging interpersonal skills to build trust.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite including experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must demonstrate a high level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal ability and flexibility.