We are looking for a dynamic and passionate director level HR professional for our highly visible CertainTeed Ceilings and Gypsum US business. As a trusted partner, you will translate the Business strategy into an HR strategy, focusing on high added value initiatives. This is a senior role within our unique HR structure, requiring a strong leader with exceptional solutions orientation, drive and passion balanced with focused customer centricity. Our model is geared toward flexible thinkers with strong enthusiasm for creative solutions.
Reporting to the VP Human Resources, you will be responsible to:
- Partner with executive leadership to drive organizational change and alignment, taking a lead role in assessing, developing, and executing change and growth strategies.
- Assess future talent/skill requirements in relation to business needs and provide appropriate strategic initiative to close capability gaps.
- Drive all facets of the integrated talent process including the recruitment and selection for key positions, as well as succession planning and internal talent mobility to secure key talent.
- Provide coaching, counseling, and advice to members of the management team, supervisors, and individual contributors throughout the organization on matters of change management, performance, careers, HR policies and practices and related topics.
Travel, though likely to be more at first, will generally be around 20%
Our strong preference is for a candidate with proven success in both highly flexible entrepreneurial environments, as well as more hierarchical corporate settings. We seek a talented, articulate HR leader possessing:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 10 years of extensive HR generalist experience with 5 in a leadership role.
- Experience in both headquarters and multi-plant manufacturing settings.
- Experience working in a multi-national company preferred.
- Experience working in organic and/or circular work organizations a plus.
- Approachable, a check and balance for the organization. Trustworthy, confidential, efficient and well-organized.
- Excellent communication: polished in oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to collaborate, influence, negotiate; resolve conflicts and coach managers and employees, and work in a team-based environment.
- Previous experience negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- Sound business acumen and the ability to establish credibility, trust and partnership at all levels within an organization.
- Must be results oriented, customer-focused and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with analytical and decision making skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently while effectively as part of a team.