CBS News is seeking a Human Resources Director who will provide HR leadership to our west coast based employees and management team. The Director will be based in our Los Angeles Bureau. Responsibilities include providing strategic advice on a wide variety of areas to maximize organizational effectiveness and performance. In this role, the Director develops and maintains strong partnerships with management and ensures HR strategies, processes and practices align with business needs.
- Provide HR support to CBS News West Coast Bureaus including employee relations, performance management, and compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Provide coaching to employees and managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
- Manage performance in partnership with Legal and Labor Relations
- Work with management to develop and implement training strategies to meet employee needs, including supervisory training
- Assist in the recruitment efforts processes which includes development of job descriptions, creation of diversity recruitment strategies, posting, background verification and candidate interviews. Liaises with the hiring manager and the Talent Acquisition group for all open positions
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of CA employment Law
- Minimum 10 years relevant HR experience
- Experience in a union environment preferred
- SHRM CA certification a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled