Lexmark seeks a Director of Human Resources for the Latin America region.? We are looking for a collaborative leader, strategic thinker and change champion.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer and will lead Lexmark’s Latin America regional HR team. The position will be based in our office in Coral Gables, FL, or in another country in Latin America.
This position requires up to 30 percent travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides leadership on organizational and human resources development in support of Lexmark’s business objectives in Latin America
· Sets HR goals that help the business drive successful strategy
· Regularly consults with and provides counsel to Lexmark leaders and managers
· Acts as an adviser on human resources issues to managers; partners with Lexmark’s management team to develop and improve internal services and systems
· Thoroughly investigates and manages employee relations issues; coaches or counsels when appropriate
· Maintains performance-based measurements, management tools and processes
· Acts as an adviser on compensation and benefits related issues for the organization in LA.
· Oversees workforce planning including: recruiting, selection, promotion and organizational succession planning
· Ensures personnel policies and practices are being followed in all countries
· Manages vendor relationships with outsourced companies and legal partners in LA
· Stays current with competitive HR and OD practices and industry standards; helps build best practices
Experience, Education and Skills Required:
· Bachelor's degreerequired
· Master's degree in related field and/or SPHR or PHR certification highly desirable
· At least 10+ years of experience in human resources with a global company
· 5+ years of experience in management
· Experience in Latin America countries is key to success in this role
· Strong knowledge of employment laws in the Latin American countries necessary
· Fluency in English and Spanish
· Portuguese strongly preferred
· Strong experience in a full range of HR functional areas including, but not limited to employee relations, recruiting, planning, compensation and benefits
· Knowledge of leading-edge organizational effectiveness strategies
· Proven people management and team building skills
· Ability to effectively influence business decisions
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Hands on attitude