ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Workforce Planning & Talent Acquisition
- Assist leaders with workforce planning to identify and analyze what the business needs in terms of workforce (size, type, experience, knowledge, skills and quality) to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and maintain consistent job titles and descriptions across the business/locations.
- Ensure employee onboarding and orientation processes are being conducted using NFP resources and materials through HR team staff.
Policies, Procedures and Employee Relations
- Provides counsel and direction to HR Staff, leaders, supervisors, and employees to address employment-related matters.
- Maintain full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations related to employment, employee relations, compensation and all other aspects of human resources.
- Conducts investigations in response to formal complaints.
- Manages disciplinary and separation processes through HR staff.
- Ensures offices are trained on the Company's employment-related policies as required by law.
- Interpret and administer company policies for employees and management.
- Participate with other members of HR team to serve as employee advocate while balancing role of internal business partner.
- Monitors employment practices and decisions to ensure fair and ethical practices that foster effective employee relations, reduced turnover, and promote and maintain a high level of employee morale and harmonious environment.
- Participates in the implementation and administration of compensation, bonus and incentive programs and structures.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Drive and facilitate effective performance management practices (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) to create and maintain a high performance culture that improves organizational capability.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on carrying out goal setting, performance reviews and providing feedback to employees.
Learning and Development
- Coordinate with HR Talent Development team to support talent development and training for the business.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up with Talent Development team, managers, and associates to ensure training objectives are met.
- Work with business leaders and regional HR staff to drive NFP’s Peoplefirst culture by promoting company-wide initiatives and building regional initiatives to support employee engagement; Release organizational communication, in order to ensure a positive employee experience and employee engagement within the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide strategic HR support to the business.
- Sound knowledge of employee relations practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Detail oriented and task focused.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years’ experience as an HR professional leading an office or business line.
- Experience leading a team of HR professionals to support a business line a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field.
- SHRM-SCPS or SPHR Certification a plus