REQ - 00802
Human Resources Director
As a world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions, Imerys is hiring a Director of Human Resources for one of our Divisions, located at our North American headquarters in Roswell, GA. As a member of the Division’s Senior Leadership team, this individual will act as a strategic business partner to establish and execute the long term vision and strategy for 700 people, located at ten sites and 6 mines in the US and Mexico.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee the development of yearly objectives and development of action plans to achieve objectives.
- Responsible for compliance with Employment laws and Imerys Human Resource policies, practices, and standards.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection; training and development; salary and benefit administration; organizational development; and policy administration for the Division's work force.
- Lead efforts towards positive employee relations and organizational alignment through internal communication and other methods to maximize employee engagement.
- Oversee labor relations activities, including union contract negotiations.
- Focuses efforts to achieve targets such as those associated with absenteeism, turnover, lost work days, productivity, % of overheads; and time to fill a vacant position.
- Lead and develop the team of human resource professionals.
- Provide managerial coaching to leadership team and subordinate managers.
- Champion sustainable development/community relations activities and support operational excellence, diversity, safety culture and other Group initiatives.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Proven ability to create a vision and develop an action plan to achieve the vision
- Demonstrated ability to gather people’s involvement and commitment to accomplishing tasks/objectives
- Strong communication skills, including developing the intended message, supporting the message with appropriate aids, and communicating the message both in writing and verbally through various platforms, such as, personal, written, electronic, telephonic, video-conference, etc.
- Demonstrated facilitation, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Proven ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexible and adaptable to multiple and changing priorities
- Proficient PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Human Resources or related field.
- Over ten years of experience in human resources with increasing supervisory responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of laws affecting human resources administration.
- Minimum of 3-5 years leading complete HR function for a site/business
- At least 2-4 years successful experience in labor relations environment, preferred.
An affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled