EducationDynamics is a marketing and enrollment management services and technology company dedicated to getting students to the right program at the right school at the right time. We are the premier provider of qualified prospective students for colleges and universities, and our services cover the key stages of the student lifecycle, from initial inquiry through program enrollment.
EducationDynamics has an exciting opportunity for an HRDirector based at our offices in Hoboken, NJ. The HRDirector will be responsible for the implementation of many diversified HRresponsibilities. This is a hands-on position that will both directly manage the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office as well as drive and execute critical HR strategy and processes throughout the organization. Must be able to relate to people at all levels of the organization and move in and out of tactical and strategic roles. The HRDirector counsels and advises senior management on HR issues, manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: performance management, organizational development, rewards and recognition, recruitment and retention, employee relations, training and development, and benefits administration. This strategic “HR Business Partner” opportunity reports to the General Counsel.
The following responsibilities are just some of the things you will be accomplishing in this role:
Maintain and administer Talent and Performance Management system, including counseling associates on the review date process and timelines, providing training to managers/associates on the Performance Review/Appraisal system and performance review forms and reporting on and communicating form documentation processes within the system.Assess, recommend and create HR processes, systems, policies and procedures on a company-wide basis
- HRGeneralist duties: Maintain leave management federal and NJ
- Auditpayroll and benefits reports
- ACA, end of year W2 and EEO reporting
- Manage Associate Relations which may include associate counseling/coaching, issue resolution, conducting internal investigations and making recommendations to senior levels of Leadership teams as appropriate
- Respond to inquiries from associates in multiple locations (Hoboken, NJ and Newtown Square, PA, Boca Raton, FL regarding HR processes and procedures, as well as day to day issue resolution in a variety of areas including payroll, benefits and policy interpretation, among other items
- Organizational Development and Training: In consultation with the executive management team, create and maintain the Enterprise-wide Learning and Development programs for all managers and associates, including but not limited to the assessment, analysis, design, development, and facilitation of training efforts and integrates best practices; focusing on training programs that will increase the performance of individuals and various departments/units served
- Oversee HR component of due diligence in any acquisitions including examination of policies, procedures and practices, review of personnel files, assessment of risks and potential added costs or savings opportunities, presentation of HR benefits, policies and procedures to acquired employees, planning and coordination of integration.
- Partnering with internal and outside counsel to provide guidance to management on issue resolution, corrective action, terminations and various employment topics such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, performance management and general HR policies and procedures.
- Oversee the administration of all company-sponsored benefits including annual renewal and partner with insurance broker on all matters related to company benefits including policy questions, compliance testing and billing issues.
Support the broader HR initiatives including communication of all HR policies and procedures, as well as the maintenance of the HR Portal.
Support Payroll function which resides in Finance area, from an HR perspective.
- Manage HR staff at offsite offices (currently two HR staff located in Boca Raton, FL). Some travelrequired.
Required Skills include:
- BS/BA in related field of marketing, human resources or business administration degree is required
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification is preferred
- Must have a hands on, “roll up your sleeves” attitude. This position requires directly performing significant operational tasks, and is not solely a manager of other resources
- Excellent judgment is required, along with the ability to think and act quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Must be detail oriented, process and quality oriented, and must possess strong organizational skills including the ability to balance multiple priorities, with limited supervision
- Professionalism and strong business acumen skills/knowledge
- Team player and able to navigate from developing and implementing strategically-oriented work while delivering HR processes and administrative requirements.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and communication skills are required.
- Ability to be discreet with sensitive, confidential information
- Capabilities to analyze HR data, identify inaccuracies, and tell a meaningful story from the data.
- Experience creating change management strategies and coaching managers to strengthen engagement
Required Experience includes:
5-7 years of HR business partner experience, with sound experiences in associate relations and learning and development
Must have experience effectively partnering and communicating with Executives and managers
Experience successfully coaching management on sensitive topics
Experience in implementing HR processes, including performance management, talent management and succession planning
Experience successfully delivering HR-related project-based work is required
The ability to function in an environment of rapid change and ambiguity
Must have prior experience working with comprehensive HRIS and ATS systems, payroll and benefits.