The Business Dining division of Aramark, with over $1 billion in revenues and 18,000 employees, provides a wide range of food and other support services to more than 500 clients in business and industry, at more than 1,500 locations in the U.S. Aramark offers Fortune 500 companies and other large and small employers a single-source provider for employee cafés, executive dining rooms, catering, convenience stores, conference center management, and facility management. Aramark Business Dining is looking for professional leaders committed to providing our customers with unique solutions, outstanding variety, and healthy menu choices to improve the overall well-being and productivity of client locations.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Director (HRD) for the West Region in Aramark Business Dining.
- The HRD will be responsible for providing primary generalist support and leadership.
- This HR leader will support the enterprise wide full lifecycle talent management strategy that aligns with and drives business goals.
- Partner with the regional leadership team to continually monitor and drive the evolution of human capital solutions in support of the organization's vision and strategy.
- Responsible for the development of HR teams as well as interfacing with business leaders on the following:
- Most Engaged People: talent management, talent acquisition, change management, organization dynamics, labor relations, and compensation planning, compliance and employee relations.
- Most Efficient Operator: organizational design, workforce management.
- Most Valued Partner: coaching/counseling, provide guidance as needed, liaison between corporate/field,
- This position will have responsibility for XX functionally direct SHRMs and XX matrixed site-based HR Managers.
- This role will have peer relationships with 4 District Managers and partnerships with XX General Managers.
- The following states make up the geographies for the XXX Region:
- This position will oversee both union and non-union accounts.
- Partner with operations leadership to identify human resources solutions to help achieve targeted business outcomes.
- Actively participate in the development, planning and execution of operations strategy within region and LOB.
- Serve as key change agent on new initiatives, programs, and processes to positively impact the organizational culture for the LOB and the enterprise.
- Take time with internal and external clients to explore how to best meet the needs of customers from diverse backgrounds. Foster relationships with key client human resources teams.
- Identify priorities, opportunities, and best practices within the region and then formulating and implementing solutions.
- Build performance-based relationships with regional leadership team members and local operations teams.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to develop and execute a proactive talent acquisition and pipeline plan to ensure that open roles are filled quickly.
- Understand and anticipate the talent needs to the business team for more effective quality talent identification and succession.
- Partner with the business leadership team to support Aramark's Engagement Strategy by helping to identify and diagnose potential engagement issues and by initiating proactive solutions for enhancing employee engagement.
- Support enterprise diversity and inclusion initiatives by understanding how to integrate the right balance of diverse backgrounds to support the business, and by partnering to develop inclusive and cohesive teams.
- Lead organization design and redesign efforts; ensure the right roles are in place, and that work and responsibilities are allocated appropriately.
- Implement consistent and comprehensive assessment and selection processes to ensure succession plans that deliver talent to the organization.
- Identify and leverage the right resources at the right time to achieve the necessary outcomes. Resources include partners in the HR specialty teams, partners in functional areas, HR peers within and outside LOB and direct manager(s).
- Actively participate in the business life-cycle process.
- Strengthen effectiveness in this area by maintaining knowledge about the business and the competition.
- Engage in performance management and development of the operations team focusing on roles at the region leadership.
- Select, manage and develop a team of human resources professionals, including development plans, performance management, retention plans, succession planning, and talent assessment and hiring.
- Assist the regional team in driving the ONE Aramark initiatives for the region.
- Support and coordinate labor relations activities as needed, taking a more involved leadership role on complex situations.
- Utilize technical expertise to identify when negotiation and/or compromise is appropriate to drive the right outcomes.
- Bachelors Degree required; Masters Degree Preferred
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- 10 years of HR generalist experience - the successful candidate will not only possess an in depth HR Generalist knowledge but should also have multi-unit (multiple accounts/geographies)multi-functional (different lines of focus within the business) and multi-leader (quasi matrixed organization in partnership with multiple leaders) experience.
- Must have proficient working knowledge of all aspects of human resources, including but not limited to Compensation, Benefits, ER/LR, Talent Acquisition, Leadership Development, Talent Management, Training and Organizational Development, Change Management and Organizational Dynamics.
- Should have prior experience in at least one HR specialist area and a demonstrated ability to apply human resources principles across multiple client groups and markets.
- Must have expert knowledge of compliance, state labor laws and other regulations relevant to the business environment.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of the enterprise sales process (base business and retention).
- Must actively participate in HR-specific continuing education in order to stay current on trends, best practices, and changes in the function to include relevant legislation and enterprise initiatives.
- Must exhibit the ability to effectively network and navigate through organizational relationships as well as the ability to work in a complex matrixed environment. Must also exhibit the ability toeffectively lead remote teams.
- Must have acceptable level of proficiency in the use of HR Applications and Microsoft Office applications.
- This role reports to directly to Associate Vice President, for HR and matrix to the Regional Vice President.
- There is a component of travel to this role. The range is expected to be 40% to 50% - that will include a mixture of day and overnight travel. This travel is mostly the type that is planned and known in advance but as with any role that has this level of responsibility there may be times needed unexpected travel.