Human Resources Director
Location: United States - Idaho - Boise
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services - Hospital Administration
Job Category: HR Management - Generalist
As a strategic partner, the Human Resources Director aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. Serves as a consultant to leadership on Human Resource related issues. Acts as employee champion and change agent. Assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the Human Resources Director seeks to develop integrated solutions.
Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. Acts as a true partner to the business leadership with a team mentality. Maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business units financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field required. Master's degree in Human Resources or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5years of broad HRexperience in a large health system setting working as a true partner to the business; must have demonstrated success around engagement and retention strategy and experience in the resolution of complex employee relation issues. Must be versatile and agile with the ability to perform both tactically and strategically. Experience in a faith based organization is preferred.
- Must understand change leadership principles and applications and have proven success in the management of change. Must be able to demonstrate proven leadership development with experience both mentoring and coaching direct reports and executive peers.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification desirable.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Excellent consulting and coaching skills; strong management skills and business literacy skills.
- Strong conflict management skills; strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Effectively manage conflicting priorities in a high volume work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize work and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Advanced computer skills with an emphasis on MS Office applications. Knowledge of PeopleSoft very useful.
- Able to be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
1. Meets Health System's Guiding Behaviors and Caring Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations.
2. Manages HR Business Partners who oversee assigned client groups / departments.
3. Consults with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
4. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
5. Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
6. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal department as needed/required.
7. Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
8. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
9. Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
10. Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfers.
11. Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
12. Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
13. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
14. Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all hospital personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Assures that policies are followed consistently.
15. Functions as the first contact for employees coming to Human Resources with complaints or concerns; follows through and resolve the concerns for the employees.
16. Assists managers in coaching employees, disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
17. Understands and administers the organization's compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and assists in revisions as necessary.
18. Quickly assimilates the medical center's employee benefits program in sufficient depth and breadth to assist employees with eligibility, plan features and problem resolution.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
- 5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Director
Management ExperienceRequired - Yes
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally