The Human Resources Deputy Director originates and supports Human Resources on a global scale and will report to the Human Resource Director. The Human Resource Deputy Director oversees implementation of services, policies, and programs and is responsible for day-to-day Human Resources activities related to staffing employee relations and personnel administration. Responsibilities are varied and this role requires regular exercise of discretion and independent judgment. The ideal candidate will have extensive employee relations experience.
- Help to manage HR benefits, payroll, compensation and state and federal employment law
- Support employee and/or labor relations, HRIS data entry, leave of absence administration, benefits administration support, workers' compensation, payroll, compensation, and/or compliance.
- Liaises with recruiting team for talent management and retention
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Maintaining company directory and other organizational charts
- Maintaining and revising the company's handbook on policies and procedures
- Developing programs to encourage diversity promotions and hiring
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- With Legal department respond to requests by EEOC, MDCRC, Unemployment and other governmental agencies, including employee complaints.
- Employee Relations: provides advice, counsel and coaching on personnel issues to employees and management
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Administers FLMA, LTD and ADA leave processes
- Bachelor's degree required
- Masters in HR or equivalent filed, preferred but not required.
- 7 to 10 years Human Resource experience.
- Extensive experience with benefits, payroll, compensation, employee relations, professional development, and comprehensive knowledge of state and federal laws.
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and entity consolidation
- International experience preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and negotiation skills.
- Team oriented; High energy, positive attitude.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Must have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion.
About Mi9 Retail
Mi9 Retail is committed to helping retailers create great experiences for their customers – online, in store, or wherever they occur. We believe that a great experience takes place when optimized product planning and inventory management intersects with skillful customer engagement and point-of-purchase execution. We are a rapidly growing tech company that develops leading Demand Management, Merchandising, Business Intelligence, e-Commerce and Point of Sale systems for large and mid-sized retail enterprises. We're on a mission to make the retail industry great! We are a successful, global, fast-growing company with a start-up work vibe, where your ideas will be heard and you can have an impact. Are at the forefront of tech and the retail industry. We are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience. We believe in autonomy, taking initiative and holding each other accountable for shared success