As the community’s only not-for-profit, faith-based health care system; Dignity Health Nevada has been guided by the vision and core values of the Adrian Dominican Sisters for more than 70 years. As the Henderson and Las Vegas communities grow, Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican facilities and its more than 3,400 employees will continue the Sisters’ mission of serving people in need. St. Rose Dominican is a member of Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest healthcare systems, a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 60,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The incumbent is a front line member of the Human Resources team responsible for supporting the Human Resources Leadership team on the full range of operational Human Resources activities within the facility and/or service area.
- The incumbent performs a hands-on role in providing human resources expertise in employee and labor relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and other HR activities.
- The incumbent supports specific groups, functions and/or geographies, and embeds self within the business to work closely with management and employees.
- The incumbent is also instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs/initiatives. The incumbent will also assist with employee engagement activities, advising leaders on and ensuring compliance with HR policies, procedures and practices.
- The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the efficient implementation of a single Dignity Health Human Resources delivery model which aligns the facility HR structure, processes and systems with Service Area HR strategies.
- The incumbent serves as an HR operational leader for the facility, ensuring all HR functions and activities enable business success. The incumbent assists the HR leadership team in continually refining the role of Human Resources within the facility/service area to assist in achieving their operational and strategic goals.
- Along with all other HR Leadership the incumbent will align and partner with and fully utilize the resources of all the COE's embedded in the service area or at the corporate level to ensure that together they provide and develop unique insights and great depth of expertise in the area of focus in order to partner with leaders to develop values based strategic solutions.
- At least 5 years of HRexperience, preferably in a HRGeneralist, Consulting or Business Partner role with leadership experience is required.
- A Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related field, or a comparable combination of education and experience is required.
- Working knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws, FMLA, HIPPA, ADA, COBRA and Affirmative Action Programs required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with a strong emphasis on Excel required.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Prefer certification by the Society of Human Resources Management (PHR or SPHR).
- 2 years of focus on an HR specialty area such as employee and labor relations, OD, compensation talent acquisition or other related HRexperience is preferred.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness. Equal Opportunity
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
Job ID 2018-61191