Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patients’ rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensures and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and Code of Conduct.
- Performs intake of employee complaints, manager inquiries, etc.
- Provides guidance to managers on corrective action process, information requests, policy and collective bargaining agreement interpretation and application, and State and Federal employment and labor laws
- Provides guidance to employees on workplace concerns, policy and collective bargaining agreement interpretation, and resource information.
- Assists with conducting research for variety of matters, including grievances, employee complaints, internal investigations using appropriate equipment and systems.
- Assists with internal investigations.
- Coordinates and facilitates efforts pertaining to regulatory audits lead by a Sr. Specialist..
- Facilitates and assists in development, review and implementation of human resource policies and procedures which are consistent with Federal and State laws, Joint Commission Standards, and sound principles of management.
- Assists in maintaining an organized repository of references and resources for compliance and employee relations activities. Assists and advises appropriate personnel in identifying the information and reference material needed for them to meet their compliance requirements.
- Acts as chair for the HR chapter of Joint Commission Survey.
- Coordinates preparation of reports for Hospital including EEO1, Affirmative Action Plan, Board Report, etc.
- Facilitates and assists in the processing of Employee and Union Grievances.
- Facilitates and assists in the managing of EDD claims, third party complaints, complaints to the NLRB, State licensing boards etc.
- Assists with development and delivery of training on wide variety of Employee and Labor Relations topics and processes.
- Maintains records of activities in accordance with work group Standard Operating Procedures.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from an accredited college. Bachelor’s degree in related discipline from an accredited or university preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible human resources experience including some Employee & Labor Relations experience.
Licensure/Certification: None Required.