Our Team Partners get quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
Some companies say they like to promote from within, we just do…constantly!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Did we mention no nights or weekends?
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we believe it takes many kinds of people to make us successful.
What you'll be doing -
- Ensures dissemination and access for all team partners to compliance policies and procedures.
- Monitors changes in state and federal labor regulations.
- Creates or modifies policies in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Partners with legal counsel on matters impacting the business as appropriate.
- Conducts compliance assessments and analyzes gaps to determine organization’s posture against regulations.
- Supports audit and survey activities impacting the business.
- Oversees implementation of remediation and corrective action plans resulting from audits, investigations, compliance reviews, and self-identified issues.
- Conducts risk surveys to identify areas of significant compliance risk.
- Reports to business leadership on matters on a routine basis.
- Maintains knowledge of compliance regulations and act as an advisor to the organization.
- Provides guidance to lower-level staff.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years’ Human Resources and relevant business experience.
- Extensive knowledge of compliance practices and procedures.
- Experience with wage & hour laws strongly preferred.
- Experience with California employment laws strongly preferred.
- Experience working with and understanding requirements of an effective corporate compliance program.
- Strong project management experience and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong business acumen.
- Consulting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree required; advanced HR degree preferred.
- Professional HR certification strongly preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- 401k with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a nearly 2-billion-dollar organization.