Principal duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Works closely with senior leaders to deliver human capital strategies that drive business results.
• Provides thought leadership and serves as a trusted advisor to senior leaders in order to enhance organizational design & effectiveness, culture, and teammate capabilities.
• Consults with senior leaders regarding the most effective human capital investments to drive team effectiveness, profitable growth, and organizational change through the implementation of business plans.
• Serves as a performance consultant to identify business needs, assess performance gaps, and develop and deliver solutions that lift performance.
• Partners with senior leaders to design effective workforce planning and talent acquisition strategies while building internal leadership capabilities
• Serves as a relationship manager between core HR services (e.g., Compensation, Staffing, Employee Relations, Diversity/Inclusion, and Learning & Development) and business clients. The HRBP is responsible for effectively implementing HR programs and initiatives that are aligned with SunTrust's culture.
• Champions change, and ensures effective implementation, delivery, and quality of all HR products, services and initiatives to the client group.
• Partners with client group to drive diversity and inclusion efforts.
• Assumes leadership role for HR program and/or initiative deployment across corporation, following a project management discipline.
• Requires 8 or more years of broad HR experience to include HR consulting, performance coaching (individual and team) and team building delivering hr services and support to the senior leader level to include employee relations, compensation, staffing, learning and development, coaching, performance consulting, employee relations, and the design and execution of strategic initiatives.
• Experience leading, designing and implementing large corporate or business unit change initiatives.
• Requires college degree or equivalent substantial experience in leadership roles within HR, and professional certification in HR related discipline (PHR, SPHR, assessments, etc)