We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Business Partner to support Morgan Stanley's Wealth Management business. See More
This role will interface with members of the Wealth Management Human Resources team as well as senior management and employees at all levels of the organization. This role is a unique opportunity to become part of a team of collaborative and strategic Human Resource professionals, dedicated to serving a leading growth area in all aspects of their people needs. This role will support several businesses within Corporate and Institutional Solutions with a population of approximately 600 employees.
The Wealth Management Home Office HR team is located in Purchase, NY, with regular meetings in midtown so there is flexibility as to where the role can be performed.
Actively work with business leaders and employees to support the day-to-day HR needs of client groups including:
- Coaching managers on performance management, employee concerns, and development of talent.
- Play an active role in leading businesses through all annual processes as part of the HR lifecycle. This includes the annual promotion process, year-end compensation cycle, annual performance review process, as well as talent review meetings.
- Effectively address employee relations issues, conducting investigations as needed in partnership with Employee Relations and Legal counterparts.
- Provide coaching, counseling, and conflict resolution; supporting managers on documenting and communicating performance feedback.
- Partner closely with business leaders and with Rewards and Analytics to manage headcount and staffing budgets on an ongoing basis, as well as working on compensation and headcount projects. Utilize strong excel and analytical skills.
- Liaise with other departments within and outside of HR (i.e., Compensation, Benefits, Talent, Legal) as necessary to resolve issues.
- Participate in the implementation of Human Resources policies, programs, practices, and processes and communicating so employees and managers clearly understand purpose and expectations.
- Support diversity, recruiting and retention of employees throughout all HR processes.
- Participate in and manage HR projects as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Human Resources generalist experience
- Experience in Financial Services, Technology, Professional Services or other fast-paced industries.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Experience with MS Office tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of Workday is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and ability to influence managers with regards to difficult decisions.
- Ability to develop relationships across a diverse client base, as well as within broader HR organization. Team oriented and collaborative.
- Self-starter; ability to navigate complex problems and organizations by tapping into available resources.
- Commitment to excellence and strong attention to detail.
Valid through: 5/27/2021