Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Human Resources Business Partner serves as a key member of the HR leadership team and supports execution plans and strategies that drive the comprehensive people strategy to support business results. The HR Partner works collaboratively with business leaders, Sr. HRBPs, and Corporate HR Centers of Excellence (CoE’s) to drive execution of strategies and solutions to improve organization effectiveness and enhance MGM Resorts International’s brand and culture of employee engagement.
- Partner with HR leadership, Corporate HR CoEs and business leaders to develop execution plans and strategies to ensure effective execution of all CoE processes, initiatives and programs.
- Possess strong knowledge of the business; understand the business units model, metrics, priorities and challenges; strong relationships with HR leadership team and business leaders.
- Role model of MGMs culture and supports HR strategies to foster an engaged employee community that promotes diversity, inclusion, philanthropy and sustainability.
- Operationalize the HR Strategic Plan for the property/business; lead the tracking, reporting, and completion of initiatives to support the HR Strategic Plan.
- Partner with HR leadership team, Corporate HR CoEs and business unit leaders to drive execution of talent and workforce management plans to deliver on strategic objectives; ensure data integrity, analytics, metrics, and tracking results; leverages CoE partners as necessary.
- Provide support to HR leadership team in process improvement initiatives to address business process gaps; recommend new approaches and/or procedural changes to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the HR department and the services performed.
- Support the execution of goal-setting and performance management processes including mid-year and year-end discussions for client groups; ensure strong execution of performance management processes by providing reporting, data, analytics, and tracking results; execute transactions in workday and other systems.
- Partner with HR leadership, Corporate HR CoEs and business unit leaders in talent reviews and succession planning process for business unit; drives follow up and tracking for individual development plans and leadership development programs; ensures data integrity, analytics, metrics, and tracking results.
- Support the exit interview process by ensuring the integrity of data, analytics, metrics, and tracking results; provides turnover reports and analysis, including recommendations based on findings; may conducts exit interviews as necessary.
- Partner with HR leadership and CoE partner to drive execution of compensation processes for business unit; partners with CoE to ensure data integrity, analytics, metrics, and reports; manages workday transactions as necessary.
- Support Director HR to execute benefit programs; manage workday transactions as necessary; partner with CoE for systems, tools, reporting, and metrics as necessary.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition CoE partner to drive execution of recruiting plans; provides guidance and feedback on recruiting process, and CoE performance.
- Partner with HR leadership, Corporate Events & Communications CoE and business leaders to ensure successful execution of Company-sponsored employee engagement events and activities at the property/business unit level; partner with CoE to facilitate execution of property/business initiated requests.
- Support HR leadership to execute recognition programs; manages workday transactions as necessary; partner with CoE for systems, tools, reporting, and metrics as necessary.
- Partner with HR leadership, Learning & Development CoE and property leadership to drive implementation of learning strategies and training plans; execute transactions in workday and other systems; provides administrative support to facilitate training tracking, completion, metrics, and results.
- Liaise with the L&D CoE and property departments on leadership development programs, guest service initiatives and compliance-related matters, such as wage & hour, vehicle safety, gaming and position certifications.
- Partner with Employee Relations/Labor Relations CoE and Sr. HRBPs to implement strategies and plans and execute transactions in workday and other systems; drives execution of labor management/administration changes such as: shift changes, realignments, and layoffs (e.g. Decker procedures); partner with CoE to address FMLA, policy issues, unemployment, workers compensation, ADA, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate reports for Legal/ER/LR CoE requests.
- Track, report and provide analysis for key performance indicators and trends and recommend subsequent strategies and tactics to address gaps.
- Serve as a consultant in assisting management with the proper understanding and consistent implementation of new and existing policies and procedures.
- Partner with HR leadership and Corporate CoE to ensure ADA accommodations are reviewed and approved through the interactive process with employees.
- Provide triage support employees and leaders on miscellaneous matters not necessarily handled by a CoE.
- Collaborate with and build relationships across functional divisions, Corporate Entities, properties and key external stakeholders.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a HR Generalist or related experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Experience developing solid working relations.
- Quality Improvement / Process Improvement experience.
- WorkDay or other SAS software experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.