The HR business partner (HRBP) is responsible the people (HR) strategy that elevates the employee experience to drive growth and profitability at Stowe Mountain Resort. The HRBP creates strong relationships and serves as a consultant to leadership to provide HR solutions impacting the business. The successful HRBP acts as business champion and change agent. The HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions by assessing and anticipating needs and communicating those needs proactively within HR and with business leaders. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to leadership that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its strategy, culture and competition.
The most successful HRBPs have the following traits and competencies.
- Self-belief in personal ability to make a difference to the business
- Belief in the value of the HR function
- Confidence to have a strong point of view and express it even if it proves unpopular
- Knowledge and experience of the business and its intricacies and an ability to communicate in business terms with an enterprise-wide view of decision impacts
- An ability to build long-term, trusting relationships with clients and with HR colleagues
- A focus on delivering business outcomes through making best use of the whole HR function and acting as a strong role-model for the rest of the team
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR centers of excellence, the HR group and with business leaders to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to recruit and develop offers for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Partner with Talent Development to identify needs and deliver the right solutions for individuals, the team, and the organization, including but not limited to solutions such as:
- Individual leadership coaching
- Leader and team effectiveness
- Individual and team development
- Program facilitation
- New Leader Integration
- Succession planning
- Culture assessment and development
- Coach and consult with leaders to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partner with the employee relations team on complex issues.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Ensure regulatory compliance pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees; collaborate with legal teams when necessary.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the properties and Vail Resorts policies, code of ethics, mission, vision and values.
- Partner with local operations and support teams to ensure successful execution of strategy and goals.
- Assist with Employee Recognition programs and communications of current programs and development of new programs. Support the planning, communication and implementation of the events.
- Bachelordegree in HR or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in people leadership and/or business strategy
- Thorough knowledge of human resources practices, procedures and laws & regulations
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making
- Ability to closely partner with managers to obtain successful outcomes and move the business forward
- Ability to lead with a consultative approach, and provide guidance and advice when needed
- Strong coaching skills
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- MBA preferred
- Microsoft applications. Previous experience with VR systems helpful
- Proven communication skills. Spanish helpful