UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity where you will be the senior HR leader for a division of UTC Climate, Controls and Security. This role has cross-function responsibility and is responsible for all HR activities including recruiting, talent management, employee relations, employment cost, headcount management, organizational design and effectiveness and is a member of the senior management team.
- Responsible for all HR activities across these locations as it relates to recruiting, development, organizational design and change, employee relations, employment cost, etc.
- A strategic business partner that must have a solid business sense and be able to grasp all financial, operations and customer expectations that drive profitability and value.
- Responsible for managing all headcount and employment cost tracking and strategies to maximize the efficiency, employee productivity and revenue of all organizations.
- Strategic analysis and recommendation of sales incentive and management incentive plans to be incorporated to drive high revenue, profitability and employee satisfaction.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for employee satisfaction, employee communication through results of bi-annual corporate employee survey.
- Recruit high performing individuals across the division for all levels of the organization. Develop creative, innovative and cost effective strategies to recruit high potential talent.
- Drive culture integration and culture change across the businesses that will result in high employee productivity and team building.
- Identify and implement cost reduction initiatives that will benefit the profitability of the division and the company.
- Drive the implementation of standard process relating to performance feedback, leadership development, succession planning and employee development.
- Provide the necessary leadership to promote change throughout the organization. Inherent in this process is the personal development, training and overall commitment to his/her workforce that is aligned with UTC's benefits and behaviors.
- Accountable for all employee relations issues across professional and production staff.
- Coach and lead a team that includes an HRGeneralist and HR Coordinator.
- In all areas of responsibility, the incumbent is responsible for providing full compliance with the UTC Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government and the UTC Code of Ethics.
- Responsible for the performance of other tasks related to this position as assigned.
- Must have 7-10 years’ experience in strategic Human Resources management within a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Experience with a large, premier, manufacturing or service/installation entity preferred.
- Experience with employee relations, employee and leadership development.
- Significant experience in working across functions and leading and delivering on complex projects.
- Significant experience leading organizational change; creating and building organizational capabilities utilizing proven and established systems or frameworks.
- Global experience with an understanding and appreciation of different cultures.
- Six Sigma, ACE or similar process improvement experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work within the United States without sponsorship.
- Excellent communication skills, especially with senior leaders and customers.
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a diverse and dynamic work environment.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be willing to travel 25%.
- A Bachelor's degree is required in Business, Finance, Psychology, or equivalent majors.
- An MBA or Master's degree is highly preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 72591BR