About the Role
If you’re looking for a 9-5 job, this isn’t the role for you. But if your mental wheels start turning at the time when others are turning in for bed, keep reading. Our Inbound team works 24/7 so you have the flexibility to adjust your schedule each week based on the needs of business. When our team shows up for work, they are driven to succeed and are crucial to keeping thredUP operations humming.
As the HR Business Partner for our Inbound team, you will need to think creatively and be comfortable handling employee relations without immediate support from other HR leaders. You will be an active member of the Ops Leadership team and will work closely with leaders to develop and mentor 400+ team members. You will thrive in this role if you like combining your business acumen and HR experience, while maintaining a high sense of curiosity and sense of humor. You believe that good and impactful things can happen at any time of day and have the metrics to prove it.
- Advise leaders and employees regarding company values, programs (benefits, pay and salary) administration and interpretation to ensure guidelines and procedures are handled consistently and timely
- Drive retention efforts with leadership and partner with other thredUP HR leaders to collaborate on best practices
- Proactively diagnose organization issues, and partner with the Director of People and other Ops leaders identifying strategic solutions and implement action plans
- Facilitate and schedule new hire orientations, and exit interviews collecting feedback to promote insight and growth
- Oversee and implement HR procedures, programs, benefits, leaves, immigration and HR reporting while ensuring compliance with Federal, State and Local laws
- Manage employee relations, conduct internal investigations and audits as necessary, process and approve terminations and support supervisors with corrective action process ensuring consistent approach and practices within the Distribution Center
- Assist in EEOC responses, employee surveys, and lead compliance efforts
- TeamUP with Operations leadership to guide and oversee performance management processes
- Complete additional HR related administrative tasks as needed such as HR metrics, workers compensation claims, Safety and OSHA compliance, etc.
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish trust and partner with a wide range stakeholders through outstanding oral/written communication skills
- 5+ years human resources experience at a business partner level or above with focus on improving employee engagement and retention
- Maintain confidentiality of information and work independently under pressure and in situations of ambiguity
- Experience with developing and coaching hourly employees and first-level supervisors to help build the future leadership bench
- A proven track record of professional and leadership growth
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support a 24/7 operation