TEGNA is looking for a dynamic, business-minded HR Business Partner for a great opportunity supporting an innovative media company. You will supportHR activities at three television stations in St. Louis, MO, Knoxville, TN as well as Louisville, KY to include employee relations, talent management, performance management, and employee engagement.
The HRBP must be results-oriented and partnership focused, with an approach that is responsive to and aligned with business strategies. You will be instrumental in facilitating an employee-oriented, high performance, diverse and inclusive workplace culture. You will be based in St. Louis, MO at our station KSDK and requires moderate travel to support our stations in Knoxville, TN as well as Louisville, KY.
• Partner with leadership teams on organization and culture change, transformation initiatives, succession planning, etc.
• Provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees on employee advocacy/engagement, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
• Champion diversity; drive and lead efforts to promote a diverse and inclusive work environment.
• Partner with the stations and TEGNA leadership to develop policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
• Work effectively with Human Resources, business colleagues and leadership team regarding recruitment, performance management, restructuring, coaching, training and special projects.
• Work collaboratively with Human Resources colleagues on special projects and initiatives and best practice sharing.
• Coordinate station internship programs and early career recruiting through relationships with local schools
• Coordinate workers’ compensation, legal issues and compensation claims
• React productively to change, effectively work at an operational level with multiple stakeholders, and act quickly and confidently under pressure.
• Understand and adhere to local, state and federal laws regarding employment, wage and hour, OSHA and related laws.
• Provide excellent customer service in terms of responsiveness, time management and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Human Resources or related degree. Master’s degree or HR certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR generalist/HRBP experience is required.
- A working knowledge of employment laws and multi-level recruitment experience.
- Proficient knowledge/ability with all Microsoft Office Applications and using social media applications in recruiting.
- Record of success advising managers on the full range of HR/people issues.
- Demonstrate professional presentation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish effective relationships, collaborate, lead and influence.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and deliver results for multiple stakeholders
- Strong ethical standards and integrity.