The HR Business Partner assists in providing strategic human resources business partner services for assigned members of the Smiths Detection American Leadership Team (ALT). They also provide employee support to both site and remote employees as assigned. Plans, develops and implements HR initiatives in support of strategic business goals. Provides effective human resources guidance and support to the business in employee relations, performance management, compensation, and HR investigations. In addition, is an expert in Talent Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expert guidance to Americas region, in concert with global efforts, in Talent Development.
- Partner with assigned ALT members and effectively interprets business needs, identifying and assisting in crafting appropriate solutions to meet those needs
- Plans, develops and implements HR initiatives in support of strategic business goals ? Ensure proactive planning and effective execution of talent acquisition, performance management, talent management and development, total rewards & recognition, organization effectiveness, and related programs
- Provide support for employment issues and implementation of HR policies and practices; manage and consult on employee and labor relations; conduct training and development programs; provide compensation/staffing consultant and coaching services to managers, and conducting HR investigations
- Responsible for the development and implementation of relevant HR processes, providing solutions for the needs of internal clients taking into account existing corporate policies and current legislation
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Ownership of projects on an ad-hoc basis such as annual performance reviews and engagement surveys
- Liaise with HR Shared Services colleagues to ensure activities are completed and data integrity maintained within the HR data systems
- Ensure that all working polices are in place, up to date and reviewed on an annual basis or as legislation dictates
- Ensure HR compliance to Smiths standards and adherence to division/group policies/procedures/code of ethics
- Complying with and promoting all relevant legal requirements & Smiths policies and procedures, including business ethics, data protection and health & safety
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (HR Masters or MBA with HR specialization highly preferred)
- 8+ years of progressively responsible HR experience
- Demonstrated expertise Talent Development & Learning
- Successful track record as an HR generalist with involvement in organizational design and development, talent acquisition, performance management, change management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, employment, and employee training and development
- Previous business leader partnership experience
- Preferred experience working with highly matrixed organizations and teams
- Strategic design/ change management experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing change initiatives
- Excellent coaching, consulting and facilitation skills
- Related manufacturing industry experience preferred
Abilities and Decision Making:
- Excellent oral and written communications; effective interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and lead others
- Excellent intercultural awareness
- Results oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize rapidly; excellent decision making / analysis skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Interprets organizational objectives and company policies.
- Collaborative decision making with client leaders and HR executives
- Ensures that overall change management programs, schedules, and performance standards are realistically set and attained.
Work Environment Details
Work environment is typically an office environment located on-site, within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours. Work environment may also include employee’s residence, customer site or other location as required. Required to travel on an as needed basis.
This position requires access to ITAR, EAR and Department of State or Department of Commerce controlled information and routine access to a cleared facility. Applicant must be a US Person (citizen, green card holder or other permanent resident or protected resident).
At Smiths Detection we are dedicated to making the world a safer place.
Smiths Detection, a division of Smiths Group, is a global authority on the application, management and manufacture of world class detection and screening technology.
We deliver solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals, and narcotics. Delivering an unrivalled range of detection technologies, we support customer from markets across air transportation, ports and borders, the armed forces, and critical infrastructure and emergency services.
Smiths Detection is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Eligible for a US Security Clearance. Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Job Reference SDNA00371