Spectrum Home & Personal Care (HPC) Division participates on a Global basis in small electric appliances, shave/groom appliances and beauty appliances. Our well- known brands include George Foreman®, Black+Decker®, Farberware®, Breadman®, Juiceman®, Russell Hobbs® and Remington®. Our products appeal to consumer trends for healthy eating, stay-at-home cooking, creating today's new hair style and much more. We distinguish our product offerings from the competition by employing forward thinking, innovative technologies matched with a strong understanding of consumer needs to bring to market high quality, superior products that delight the end user.
The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Talent Management & Acquisition. Provide support to the full life cycle of the talent acquisition process. Consult with hiring managers on interviewing techniques, recommendations for hiring, and compensation details. Support a recruitment and retention strategy to identify, attract, engage and retain high-performing talent. Consult on development plans for high potential employees and support career development, performance review, and talent review activities.
- Organization design and development activity. Partner with company leaders and managers in designated functional areas to review and understand business and strategic requirements. This position will assist with the facilitation of the development of programs and solutions (from a HR perspective) to help support and respond to business needs. Analyze various employee data and provide feedback on trends and recommendations on organizational changes where necessary
- Provide management and employee counseling. The Human Resources Business Partner will handle highly confidential case assignments and projects related to employee relations issues including investigations, facilitating disciplinary meetings, and providing consultative advice.
- Participate in employee relations activity. The HRBP will provide leadership, employee development support and direction to company employees and leaders. Includes continuous modeling and communication of SPB 20/20 Vision, Mission, Strategies, Values and Goals. The HRBP will also conduct investigations and make recommendations for resolutions and ensure appropriate documentation occurs.
- Company Policies & Procedures. The HRBP will assist with the development and implementation of HR related policies and procedures. This position will be responsible for ensuring effective communication of these policies to the organization.
- Participation in HR related projects. Participate with benchmarking efforts and the implementation of automating programs such as Performance Management, Talent Management and employee relations processes. The HRBP will participate and assist in projects with a high degree of confidentiality and complexity, including organizational redesign and other highly sensitive initiatives.
- Additional HR Generalist Responsibilities:
- Research, format, and update job descriptions. Ensure ongoing consistent practices as they relate to the storage and formatting
- Maintain a high level of customer service to team members and employees
- Handle customer requests through responsiveness, follow-up and escalation
- Work proactively with other team members
- Develop and prepare a variety of reports using Workday, which may include compensation, new hire, and termination reports among others; also providing analysis and recommendations depending on findings
- Other duties as requested
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Human Resources) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of prior Human Resource work experience; Generalist preferred
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Strong business acumen required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills required
- Ability to handle conflict and perform comfortably in changing, fast paced environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems
- Consistent in performance and practices ethical, professional behavior at all times
- Works well independently, yet is cooperative in working with team members
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees within the organization
- Understands diversity and the importance of fostering an open and respectful work environment