We are looking for a talented HRBP to join our Detroit office in Michigan. In addition to Detroit, this position will support our offices in the Midwest region. We are seeking a dynamic HR professional with strong business acumen and experience working with employees and leaders in the technology and consulting environment for a unique opportunity.
We are Slalom HR:
- We like to have fun. Who doesn't?
- We brainstorm. Best way to come up with a good idea is eliminate a few bad ones.
- We pick each other up. We've got each other's backs.
- We smile A LOT. Coworker out of town for the holidays? Help us gift wrap their desk. And chair. And monitors. You get the idea.
- We build. When we aren't creating amazing solutions, you can find us inventing something new to help our teams provide the best for their people.
- We have a purpose. We help our people, teams, and communities be amazing.
- We have been voted Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work from 2016-2019! But enough about us…
You may be a candidate for this role if:
- You are excited to get out of bed every day and see what you can tackle.
- You are a self-starter with a creative energy and passion for problem solving.
- Enjoy a Friday impromptu dance off! (no dancing skills required).
- You have a thorough understanding of HR practices.
As an HRBP, you will get the best of both worlds at Slalom; exposure to both the consulting and technical side of our business. General day to day activities will include, but not limited to, employee satisfaction strategies, employee relations, training and development, and talent management strategies, just to name a few. Ultimate success will be to develop a strong working relationship with leadership at all levels. Here are a few things you'll get to do:
- Be an employee advocate.
- Provide management coaching to leaders.
- Collaborate, Implement and drive various HR and Talent Programs.
- Review and analyze business metrics such as retention and attrition and employee survey scores in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Provide guidance and coaching to various levels of management when addressing complex performance issues.
- Conduct training to managers and employees as needed.
- Clearly understand the client business, company mission and business initiatives and model.
- Consult with senior management to influence and facilitate the development of their organizational priorities and related change initiatives.
- Comply and understand all existing governmental and labor laws.
- Partner with other HR leaders to identify issues and build effective solutions.
- Protect the interests of employees and the business in accordance with company HR policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Support employees through the entire employee lifecycle.
- Collaborating and supporting HR Team with special projects.
- 8+ years of direct HRBP experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Human Resources preferred.
- HR certification preferred.
- Experience working within the professional services industry or within a technology company preferred.
- Ability to work in a professional environment and handle confidential information.
- Ability to travel to the offices within the region and to Seattle as needed.
- Demonstrated competence in organizational development, coaching, compensation and employee relations.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, recognize trends, and identify systemic approaches to solving problems in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Experience working with managers at various levels and multi-client groups.
- Demonstrated skills in business acumen, consulting, analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and problem solving.
- 25+ Travel required.