In this role you will:
- Act as Human Resources Strategic Business Partner to site leaders and their teams.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to site level HR Generalist (s).
- Provide insights to leadership team regarding organizational health and effectiveness.
- Develop plans to enable the build of high-performance teams while retaining top talent.
- Drive, influence, and implement people strategies that support and align with business requirements.
- Coach and advise leaders on team effectiveness, team leadership, talent management, and organization effectiveness so they can lead the organization to meet established business targets.
- Support the development and retention of top talent by facilitating the management talent assessment using SWM’s standard performance management process and build plans to develop and deploy our key talent.
- Drive local implementation of global / regional processes.
- Support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Provide business and employee perspective and insights to HR Centers of Excellence to influence corporate processes.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to draw insights, develop solutions, programs and policies.
Critical Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work in a global matrix to drive teamwork and consistent roll-out of initiatives across the function.
- Must be able to develop personal credibility through strong communication skills, achieving results, and trusted collaborations.
- Experienced in diagnosing and resolving complex problems and opportunities within business and organization.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and autonomy.
- Strong analytical and abstract thinking skills.
- Cross cultural effectiveness with global team base.
- Ability to work with multiple diverse cultures.
- Business acumen.
- Knowledgeable in U.S. employment laws.
- Organizational design and effectiveness.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, organizational management or a related field is required.
- HR Certification (PHR, SHRM-CP) or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
- Minimum of five years progressive HR or business experience is required.
- Must have experience leading and developing HR Generalists.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, including overnight travel.
- An advanced degree, preferably in discipline such as Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related.
- Prior experience providing HR Business Partner support in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience delivering results within a matrix structure.