About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sectormanagement consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices around the US, in Canada and in Europe.PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s Human Services’ seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
- Partner with site leadership to provide HR services in key areas of responsibility, providing value to Supervisors and employees based on HR best practices and knowledge of the related human capital, business and operational needs of the project.
- Assist Supervisors in the on-boarding of new staff, as well as developing site-specific content for Project new hires
- Provide HR practice and policy guidance, and interpretation
- Assess, manage and resolve employee relations issues and trends. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations, as needed, with a focus on risk mitigation, staff management and development
- Coach and train supervisors to be effective “people managers” staff and their performance.
- Advise supervisors in the progressive discipline process, monitor action plans and staff results
- Responsible for ongoing training facilitation (either individually or in conjunction with other corporate training resources, to deliver corporate initiatives as well as site-specific training
- Key resource to project staff in the development and implementation of employee engagement strategies, related programs and communications.
- Partner with the on-site Staffing Consultant to help ensure the most effective and efficient methods are utilized to secure talent, and develop alternative sourcing strategies as needed to support the Project’s labor plan
- Work closely with Project leadership and corporate resources to analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions and HR programs
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting and tasks as required by the Project
- Work with corporate and local HR colleagues to identify ways to further share resources, create efficiencies and develop synergies across other projects and business lines
- Ability to travel to local Project offices
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of employee relations, employee engagement strategies, performance management and training
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A demonstrated interest in human service delivery systems, with experience demonstrating one’s ability as a credible and trusted HR professional in such environments
- Ability to manage own time and workload, juggling conflicting priorities
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly developed listening, analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Must be confident in handling ambiguity and fluid situations
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive materials and issues
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with Project partners/employers’ HR and business leaders regarding shared human capital strategies and practices across all Project resources
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound professional HR judgement and develop plans of action
- High degree of comfort with technology and reporting; advanced computer skills with high proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point. ADP experience highly desired
- Must be able to work effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization
Required Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degreerequired; preferably in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- A minimum of 7 years broad HR knowledge, skills and abilities obtained through progressively responsible practitioner experience as a HR generalist/HR business partner
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility and build relationships with both leadership teams and staff
- Experience advising and appropriately acting upon complicated employee relations issues
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to ensure compliance with relevant state, federal and local employment laws
- Experience in a culturally diverse operations focused environment
- Experience in a growing, high-performing, high demand customer service environment
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by jobholders within this role. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Job ID 2019-3992